1972Farmings collection

1972farming

I did a quick google search on GLYNTOYS, no pictures but a couple of items mentioned. These being a Kissing Gate (and two gate units?) and a Loughborough farm cart .................food for thought!

Cowboys in Busbys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: 

I did a quick google search on GLYNTOYS, no pictures but a couple of items mentioned. These being a Kissing Gate (and two gate units?) and a Loughborough farm cart .................food for thought!

Cowboys in Busbys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: 

Can you repost or give links to the Glyntoys items you found?

As for cowboys in busbys, I'm not sure about that, but in the first few months of the American Civil War there were some hastily formed volunteer regiments on both sides with some very curious uniforms. After a few batttles, and some unfortunate incidents where men were shot at by their own side (because they didn't recognise the uniforms) they all settled down to blue for the north and grey or butternut brown for the south.

Can you repost or give links to the Glyntoys items you found?

As for cowboys in busbys, I'm not sure about that, but in the first few months of the American Civil War there were some hastily formed volunteer regiments on both sides with some very curious uniforms. After a few batttles, and some unfortunate incidents where men were shot at by their own side (because they didn't recognise the uniforms) they all settled down to blue for the north and grey or butternut brown for the south.

No photo's unfortunately David only a few old auction reports so any pictures have long since been deleted  >:(

Here are some photos of some purchases from this past week or so. I've sold a load of zoo animals and this is where the moneys gone.

A couple of 1/32 U/H Ford 5000s, one of which is weathered.

A nice Fordson E27n in a nice box which I have pictured alongside a nice old Fisons book I bought because I liked the illustration on the cover.

A Britains New Performance Super Major and Britains Ford 5000 Super Major, both with paint loss but looking goog in their working clothes amongst the others .

post-153-0-85589000-1363431941_thumb.jpg

post-153-0-65204900-1363431985_thumb.jpg

post-153-0-48327900-1363432179_thumb.jpg

post-153-0-66673500-1363432215_thumb.jpg

post-153-0-92473900-1363432323_thumb.jpg

I have taken some more phots of some of the models.

Here is the light blue trailer .

Also a counter display box of zoo models.

Two pictures of the CODEG  farm set.

Does anyone know when the codeg set was made ?

Also ,how rare are the light blue trailers ?

cheers, more photos later after i have fed the kids !

I've found some more info about the Codeg company:

It was started in 1919, and continued after 1945, but I don't know for how long.  

'Codeg' was a trade name, the actual company name being Cowan, de Groot Ltd, in 1941 at least @ 15/16 Shene Street, Old Street, London EC1.  

The owners were Sam Cowan and Albert de Groot, who had previously been travelling salesmen in the toy trade. They were mainly importers and wholesalers, so the nearest they probably came to making anything was packing in their Codeg brand boxes.

We can therefore assume that Codeg bought these Dorset Series farm figures, and other farm/garden/etc items known to collectors in from whoever of the mould owners were applicable at the time.

Remains a great collection mate.. Its changed a bit over the past ten years but the main flavour remains the same ;)

Hello mate, did you spot the 1/16 UH Does ? They have always been favourites of mine and were supplied by yourself many moons ago. I'M WATCHING A COUPLE OF FERGIE TRAILERS IN YOUR SHOP AT PRESENT............

Couple of updates from weekend purchases.

I went to my local toyfair at malvern yesterday.

I didn't get any models but bought these Britains shelf edging strips.

They are a bit modern but look quite good on my homemade shelves.

There are packs of 4 and they were only 2 quid per pack, wish I had bought more now. ::)

post-153-0-27848100-1364234208_thumb.jpg

post-153-0-90209200-1364234263_thumb.jpg

post-153-0-98973600-1364234336_thumb.jpg

post-153-0-27604100-1364234403_thumb.jpg

That's a very nice collection you have :)  I note you have quite a few of the old E27ns. Would you say its more worth the money to buy one of these or spend a bit extra and get a scaledown kit with abit more detail ? It would be interesting to know as id quite like a 1/32 E27N but don't now which way to go  :)

It depends on your personal preference, you don't get much detail on the old Britains because of the nature of production methods from years ago. However ,Scaledown models offer much more detail and probably for a similar price.

Scaledown models don't break the bank like some of these Britains can, although some Britains aren't making the same now as they were 5 years ago. Like I said, its personal preference really.

My personal preference is for Britains but I also do enjoy building scaledown kits.

Mind you , I have only ever built 2 , a Fordson roadless major and a grey fergie with plough.

They were both very enjoyable to build and paint, the roadless I sold for £129.00 and I kept the fergie.

If money was no object I would love one of each scaledown kits as well as  a load of old Britains. ::)

I went past Beamish in 2009 when i rode coast to coast on my bike for charity. We didn't get time to stop there though, just rode past. I like old museums which have old shop stuff and signs etc. I would love to collect much more but funds don't allow it at present. We have had many happy holidays in pickering and the surrounding areas too. Thats a lovely part of the world.

• 6 months later...

Archived