Down at Deere-ests - Leverets Farm

Deere-est

how well has the scatter stuck??, i had problems with mine. Did you just lay a coat and sprinkle or did you spray some PVA/Water mix over the top ???

I just smeared some tatty old wood glue over it, scattered the scatter over it and then tamped it down with a bit of wood. To be honest though, it would have been better with a water/pva mix and a bit of sand and paint all mixed in to get that weathered look. I'll try it a later date with some sawdust and dirt and see where it gets us. The stone is glued pretty well now mate.

Cheers for compliments everyone, yeah TM thats exactly what it will be. Either make a gate & baler twine barrier round it for cattle or I can put excess straw in it or something. Just a quick knock up basically but turning out better than I thought already  :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats looks great Trissy babes... I can't wait to see the corrugated on it now... will you be able to make it look... galvernised and rusty... if you know what I mean  :-\

The frame looks really effective... I can just see a "weathered" Massey baler or something parked up the back cover in weeds  :P :P :P

Thats looks great Trissy babes... I can't wait to see the corrugated on it now... will you be able to make it look... galvernised and rusty... if you know what I mean  :-\

The frame looks really effective... I can just see a "weathered" Massey baler or something parked up the back cover in weeds  :P :P :P

Got a sneaky plan for that mate  ;)

As for an old weathered baler. ... may have to look to one of the Forums conversionists for that one .. not quite a dab hand and that yet!! :)

Fantastic - love the rusty effect - very authentic - would look good down at Holly Farm Tris ;)

Will you be attending Toytrac Mandy? I was going to have a display but don't reckon I will have time to get enough together but I may bring what I have done to show the members who come down to the show. Thing is, I need a lot of space as I am buying a shed from someone. .

that looks very good tris have i not looked as this properly how did you get that effect tris  ??? ??? am i being empty head  :-\ :-\

Better do a quick write up actually come to think of it. .

Matt black slapped on the corrugated card a little bit sparingly so as not to have it to thick. No worries if it is a bit streaky. Leave it to dry which doesn't take lnog as the card soaks up the moisture. In doing so the card contorts though so either cut bigger than needed and clamp down flat or press flat once the paint is dry.

With the paint dry and the card straight, take a narrow brush and some silver paint and maje scrappy untidy brush strokes up and down the corrugations. Each time giving it a fairly good wipe with a rag to dull it down.

Once this is done do the same with a rust colour in patches at your discretion.

Voila.  :)

The little bit of foliage along the bottom is cheap too - glue covered in white sugar and painted green.

now thats smart trissy mate, will have to make some up like that myself at some point for a new item i need to do

Thanks Sean mate, you must be thinking with all this machinery your churning out some planning permission may have to be put in to the Attic Authority?!

Need a few more builds under me belt before the tips can come free flowing Mark. Got another idea for sugar and glue as well though, learn't from a truck model mag  ;)

Thanks Nick and Graeme. Yeah I ought to have sign on there. Maybe even the yellow high voltage signs on the old telegraph poles which have been used for the frame  :)

Need a few more builds under me belt before the tips can come free flowing Mark. Got another idea for sugar and glue as well though, learn't from a truck model mag  ;)

Thanks Nick and Graeme. Yeah I ought to have sign on there. Maybe even the yellow high voltage signs on the old telegraph poles which have been used for the frame  :)

there better not be any high volatge on the pole i climb mate, ouch, only 50 v dc normal 110 volts dc tops ;):D :D

usally a lot of small white rings from the id number on them though, and some green long lables from their test cycle to

Will you be attending Toytrac Mandy? I was going to have a display but don't reckon I will have time to get enough together but I may bring what I have done to show the members who come down to the show. Thing is, I need a lot of space as I am buying a shed from someone. .

Yes, I am intending to attend - not with the display, though either, as I'm too much of a novice at pres, and am hoping to get lots of ideas (and probably spend too much money!) in the hope of doing something next year :)