Down at Deere-ests - Leverets Farm

Deere-est

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everyone. It goes full circle, you tell me something looks good and I go away and think how can I get it even better. Sometimes it takes very little, the junction box I have explained. The sockets are small pieces of stypene painted grey with small black dots for the plug holes. Got to add white for the on/off switches though. I have two more bits to do for the wiring inside then I need to add an airline wound around an old wheel rim on the wall. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Tris ive got 4 questions for u

when do u eat

when do u sleep

when do u go to work

are u living in a different time span to the rest of the earth how the heck do u find the time to do all this super stuff

Very difficult, it's a case of whenever I have half an hour free I spend it at the bench cramming in as many minutes as I can. Then when a particular part is finished I take a pic and post it which makes you lot think I have been on it flat out, non stop!! Three friend came round earlier to pick me up for a night out and they asked where I bought this shed from, when I said i made it they didn't believe me, I don't think they believe me still. One said you must have the patience of a saint. . .. they know I certainly don't have the patience of a saint but doing this kind of stuff certainly calms the nerves somewhat.  :)

Thank you for the kind comments, have to take another pic of the interior with the 'electrics' all wired up  :)

mmmmm need some seal wire now,hell tris that loks near as identical to the corner of the yard at one of our old farms mate, silo tucked in the corner like that, all you need is a few old tyres rolled round the side ,where all farmers hid stuff like that and it would be mate,can i bring my 1200 up and drive it round please 

Of course you can Sean!!  :)

I have a little box of scrap to chuck round there when I get back to putting all the kit in the workshop. Next and almost last bit is working out how to make the yard surface look rustic and like dirty concrete. . .

Any ideas?

Tris I dont know want u will be using for the concrete but I read once in a garden mag the best way to age concrete or stone tubs is to smear it with fresh yogout and leave it for 2or 3 days then wipe it off.Its supposed to speed up the ageing process considerably

Of course you can Sean!!  :)

I have a little box of scrap to chuck round there when I get back to putting all the kit in the workshop. Next and almost last bit is working out how to make the yard surface look rustic and like dirty concrete. . .

Any ideas?

lay the grey track ballst(medium one) then spray it with darl grey and balck ect paint lightly, gives a half decent effect mate

lay the grey track ballst(medium one) then spray it with darl grey and balck ect paint lightly, gives a half decent effect mate

Will it be smooth enough Sean?

Cheers lads, I reckon I am getting the hang of it now. . .  ;D

Will it be smooth enough Sean?

Cheers lads, I reckon I am getting the hang of it now. . .  ;D

yes mate when you pva the board then sprinkle the stuff on roll it over with a rolling pin or similar to press it in, gives a great concrete appearnce, then spray the paint from a height so it lays lightly, that way you get a good mix of the colour and some spots look darker or lighter