John Deere 4955

• 3 weeks later...

yes sjonnie,i am also a member on gtp,and i get far more interest,but that forum has much more members than here,as i said,i think its just  a phase and also there are some members on here who never comment,and thats there choice,but i must admit,i comment on a lot,and some members cant be bothered to do the same back,which i find annoying,so know i just comment on what interests me,rather than commenting on everything

Hi,

I think this is a little forum, but the models are great.

You´re right, it´s nice to know the viewers opinion. Unfortunately, I often read only and not write anything to the great models. But that is also because of my english.

To your JD:

Great! That´s the way a JD4955 has to look. Fine job!

It's a nice set of updates...although I have to admit, I'm not such a fan of these older machines having twin beacons. Even having 1 was a bit unusual when these were around.

I think they tyres also look good, but again, back in these machines hey day, the skinny tyres that Schuco have put on probably are closer to what the real machine would have had - but I do think the big fat tyres look great.

Great modifications to the JD. I think things are just v quiet at the mo. In Ireland the economy is in the crapper so there is nothing happening and v little conversions/scratch build with the exception of a small few people. The UK seems to be in better shape but it seems back on the forum at the mo. Hopefully it will come around.

I can understand your frustrations Sjonnie. Don't forget that the internet is always a quiet place during the summer months though. Much more people and projects going on during the winter.

At least it worked and you got your replies ;D

a lot of our members are real farmers, so this time of the year is always quiet replies wise,  and non farmers are out and about making the most of the great british , summer sorry :-[  downpours, I for one missed this as I wasn't on for nearly two weeks due to work, it certainly doesn't distract from you superb work,

• 3 weeks later...

Archived