pistols pictures of firhills farm and out and about

pistol pete

I have recently moved back to the uk and back to Scotland with work. so as I am only 2hrs from home I will get a few more days on the farm that I have over the past 8 years.

we have just been home for a week and although the harvest hasn't started there were still a few jobs to do. but I am taking a weeks holidays to go to the harvest this year much to the disappointment of my wife but everybody needs a hobby. so here are a few pics I have taken over the past week.

DSCN0757.jpg

our trusty forklift

20130809_160134.jpg

my 6830 on the trailer after coming back with the last load of empties, and is it happens my last loaded with this tractor. we have had it since april 2008 and I have really liked driving it but everything come to an end.

20130808_144259.jpg

and this is its replacement after arriving at Netherton tractors 6150R.

20130808_141021.jpg

20130808_144213.jpg

20130808_144200.jpg

also these have been bought for tattie planting and harvesting

That sure is some size of a plough Pete....the only problem is I would not like to be the one who signs the cheque when it needs new plough metal ;D  ;D

You need to try and get a vidoe of it in action and post on You Tube. :huh:

I it is one beast of a plough but that is not there only plough they have a 7,6 and a couple of old 5s as well also they run a 770plus with 40 foot header infact they run a lot of very nice kit and even though there are only 6 working on the farm they have 2x6900 1 x 6810 2x 6910 1 x 6920s 1 x 7920 2 x 7530 and 2 x 8530. there berry farm also runs 2x high clearance landinas and a 6210 john deere. they also cart of with a chaser which empties into artics.

Me thinks you need to send me a Post Code for Firhill's.... Pete...since it sound's to me Firhill's is for thrills and I think I need to have a journey down there for a nosey and a point and click with my camera ;D  ;D  

its no firhills that has all the gear bill but my mates farm, firhills is just a wee farm. but Geddes farms is a big outfit. couldn't tell you the postcode but will ask Frankie when they are going full pelt to let me know. Lets me have a job and my hobby as well though with good machines to use 

no front linkage on the new tractor  then pete??

I the tractor had only been there a day or so, Netherton is cranking a good few new machines out so it hadn't been in to get the hitch from my 6830 on it.

The driver like ploughing onland ? I've always found it easyer up on top.

its the width of the tyres that makes him run on the field and also it is done with gps with this plough. Its my mate that is on it and they bought the plough to run on land same as there 6 furrow for this tractor as it is used for the drill as well and then they put the other 8530 on this plough

• 3 weeks later...

well quick update was due to go down the road to work on the farm the week starting the 1st of September but due to my really job had to go a week earlier. worked out good for getting jobs around the farm like the dryer getting rebuilt trailers sorted and all the barley at the outlying farms combined and back to the grain shed at firhills. only downer for me was that our new tractor was at home but as it is on a 63 plate and I could not use it on the road. but I did get my old 6830 back with a weight block as our hire tractor. we only need the extra tractor for about 5 weeks a year so it make sense to hire one than lay out 20-40 thousand on a second hand tractor to sit in a shed. for example the6150r will sit on a diet feeder for most of the winter after the tatties are lifted as well as the other 6830 sitting in the shed.

will upload all of the pictures I have taken over the week tonight.

well managed to get some pics of the weeks activities. first of all the new 6150r with the front hitch fitted and painted. these are the biggest tyres we have had on a tractor in the 27 years I have gone to the farm.

DSCN0772.jpg

DSCN0774-1.jpg

inside the cab

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0792.jpg

next up is my drive for the week as you cant put the 63 plate on the road. my old 6830 with the weight block on it

DSCN0778.jpg

first job on the Monday was to empty the courts  before herst. we still have ten bulls and about 10 heifers inside as well as Hamish and one other bull that will go to the sterling sales in October. 

DSCN0767.jpg

Archived