Toytrac 2013 Photos

Deere-est

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the compliments, the photos are not as good as the subjects I must admit, though. Although a well lit room, the light was awful today. Much better to view with the naked eye!!! I didn't even think of approaching the Tomy guys with a big stick and a Scania badge, James :lol:

Joe, they wern't working hydraulics no but the type of trailer and the little details of the donkey engine powered hydraulics for dropping the bed were worthy of their own photo. The chap bought the two truck kits already built but then changed the chassis configurations himself.

Brian, well spotted. They had a nice hillside display on the go with some nice models, Ciarans MF loader and Dans Bunning spreader topping the list. Nice to see people attending from further and further afield as well as people new to the show who were from 'just up the road' so to speak, a Chippenham enthusiast duo of two brothers with their older themed display (with the caved in roof). I forget their names but one of the brothers has had their home layout in Model Farmer, Mandy did an article on it. I have to say, I enjoyed a lengthly chat with them about the building of the show display.

wow triss  that was brilliant ild love to hear more of the tomy britains  licences coming out next year aswell il pencil in next years venue and hopefully have some "strawberys and creame flavourd" tractors as im just perfecting the rear end of the old 784 castings to fit the xl cab

looks like a real good day had by all and ive wanted to do toy-track for years now ....im sold im going there deffo next year mate 

Thanks for the compliments, the photos are not as good as the subjects I must admit, though. Although a well lit room, the light was awful today. Much better to view with the naked eye!!! I didn't even think of approaching the Tomy guys with a big stick and a Scania badge, James :ha ha!:

Joe, they wern't working hydraulics no but the type of trailer and the little details of the donkey engine powered hydraulics for dropping the bed were worthy of their own photo. The chap bought the two truck kits already built but then changed the chassis configurations himself.

Brian, well spotted. They had a nice hillside display on the go with some nice models, Ciarans MF loader and Dans Bunning spreader topping the list. Nice to see people attending from further and further afield as well as people new to the show who were from 'just up the road' so to speak, a Chippenham enthusiast duo of two brothers with their older themed display (with the caved in roof). I forget their names but one of the brothers has had their home layout in Model Farmer, Mandy did an article on it. I have to say, I enjoyed a lengthly chat with them about the building of the show display.

The Pitt brothers, one of them won a prize at the end (I forget who  :-[ ) but each layout (encompassing before and just after the 2nd World War) really knocked me for six they were that good.

IMG_2771_zpsbb81ed83.jpg

IMG_2773_zps43a8cd92.jpg

IMG_2772_zps5d5c38c9.jpg

There are more on my Photobucket page but are either too dark, out of focus or poor copies of Tris's excellent photos, so I've decided not to swamp the page with them. Apologies if I've been keeping your posts from the top of the messageboard  :unsure:

Fine selection of photographs Chris, thanks for sharing them. Great to see the lovely layouts from several photographers perspectives. Also great to see Alan Clapp's Massey Ferguson 250 having photographed it part built earlier in the year. What a superb model. :)

Fine selection of photographs Chris, thanks for sharing them. Great to see the lovely layouts from several photographers perspectives. Also great to see Alan Clapp's Massey Ferguson 250 having photographed it part built earlier in the year. What a superb model. :)

Thanks David, if I've done the models/displays even a bit of justice I'll be happy. The light was so poor which was a real shame.

That's as close as I got the the big Fergies as they were getting lots of attention! Amazing detail inside and out, wouldn't surprise me if they had working internal combustion engines in them!

Archived