Annandale model exhibition 2014

mr softie

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back and unloaded, Great show, and a great day organised by a great team 8) think a well done pat on the back for raising £700 :)

Was great to catch up with all the usual faces and have a good time too :)

Cheers to Mark and David, Was great to get back into the team effort displays of years gone by and a big thankyou to Kenny for the hire of the 3 fergy's ;)

Mum AKA Dr Lynn would like to thank Mark for his willing participation and also thanks all that sampled and liked the cakes today

Roll on next year if its as half as good as todays show it'll be a cracking day :);)

Paul and lynn

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED IN ANNANDALE MODEL EXHIBITION !!!  We can plan and prepare but you guys put on a worthwhile display to bring the public in and part with MONEY. So tomorrow we hand over £700 to Alzheimer's Scotland.   Once again thank you everyone

That is a brilliant amount of money to donate to your chosen charity Kenny and Shirley...well done to you and the rest of your family helpers...all being I'll be back to support your show next year.

Kenny the only thing wrong with the show was could you keep your child under control he was a bit wild today

IMG_6059_zps60e79112.jpg

IMG_6060_zps760be7ec.jpg

I think there are some things we REALLY do not want to know about..........yeuch....

Dear Mr and Mrs Beeton,

Thankyou for a wonderful day, :)  Glad to tell you that all emergencies  were covered everyone fit and well, I'm a little worried as when I approached you today for your 12 month MOT you went rather pale and speechless ::). .....The Child (aka Bay or Mark ) that you seem to have adopted was found to have toilet training difficulties hence his nappy and to leave him alone for so long he needed his dummy for comfort. Brian ( aka Mr Softie) kindly volunteered to take him out to feed him, but reacted badly when asked to bring Marks wind up and burp him :laugh:  :laugh: hence the poor little chap went home feeling rather bloated (to the point of not being able to eat a piece of cake!!) but extremely happy :)

Roll on Lanark in September Mr Beeton..... i'll see you there ;) ;)

Dr Lynn

Ps Thankyou Mark for being a great sport today :)

Bill, you missed out on some cracking chocolate cake, even got some to take home 8)

thanks to paul for his help and to everyone for the good comments

and thank you lynn for the lovely cake ^-^

No problem for the help David, but I didn't do much really.... few carpet tiles, a doormat and some pulped digestive biscuits :laugh:  :laugh: Display wouldn't have been much without your fantastic collection of restored and converted models so thanks for bringing your Massey's along to display, I know you've put a good few hours in getting them ready for the show yesterday but a great display for your first outing :) Really looking forward to seeing more of your handiwork on displays in the future  8)  ;)  8)

Today we feel our ages but if anyone just happens to be interested we have a provisional booking for the 8th march 2015 at same hall.

After the hard work yesterday I'm not surprised Kenny, but your a great team that put on a great show :) :) Aye count me and Mum in for next year we've not missed one yet and never will ;):) 

Today we feel our ages but if anyone just happens to be interested we have a provisional booking for the 8th march 2015 at same hall.  

I like your positive thinking Kenny. I have been in this vintage tractor show lark for over 30 years now and I think the success to a show is keep the same date and location yearly and everyone remembers the date of the show. Over the years I have seen many vintage shows go to the wall because they have chopped and changed dates and venues.

Well Paul what can I say we have moved from hall to hall but still you find us, I am very pleased to hear that you and Dr Lynn will be back next year.

Thank you Bill nice of you to share your thoughts but as I said we only prepare the show the success is down to the quality and presentation of the displays etc. and the effort put into them by the exhibitors.

• 6 months later...

Archived