Weise Toys 2014

SPN

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the new photo's Arno,

Recon it will be a lemken seeder of some sort , see a good few of those online

Sean,the Lemken combo would certainly be the most popular if put to a vote,with one little snag,U H have the Lemken license at the moment,personally,I still think the Zunhammer will be what Wiese would prefer Zunhammer have built loads of tanks for the old 3800,but the tank in my picture above has been specially made to fit this new 4000 series,here is a photo of the old style tank,much smaller than the new one,also you can see two " nipples " at the back of the Xerion cab,must be there for something, ;)

XerionA1_zps5033cf80.jpg

Regards

Joe

you and your nipples joe :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: there's nothing to say lemken wont change, after all, uh did the first xerions, then wiking now weise,  never seen a saddle trac, but at a guess the nipples would be a standard part for any implement to fit to???

you and your nipples joe :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: there's nothing to say lemken wont change, after all, uh did the first xerions, then wiking now weise,  never seen a saddle trac, but at a guess the nipples would be a standard part for any implement to fit to???

Nipples, :laugh: :laugh: ::) fair call Sean,forgot both U H and Wiking have now done Xerions with Wiese following shortly,i reckon though with these "protrusions", ^-^ being where they are it would need to be a fairly specific implement to fit on there,and they are in the wrong place for cab mounts,don't think Saddle Trac's have cab mount anyway,the cab will be fixed where it is above the engine,

NewXerion_zps675821a0.jpg

Regards

Joe.

The Xerion Saddle Trac has indeed a fixed cab. I reckon that the two ball couplings on the rear platform are for the Claas weight package as there are none at the back (for mounting machinery) and they are in the wrong position for a goose neck slurry tank.

If they were to do a tank for the Xerion it would probably be an SGT. The numbers of saddle tanks they sell is far greater than Zunhammer and Kotte etc.. I wonder if the slurry tank would be sold separate though, more likely as a complete model?

Both the Xerion models look fine to me and Weise can be trusted for very high quality models but Wiking wasn't to bad? At least if the Sieper Werke had done them you could knock € 40 off the price!

Edit: Still no clue what the two ball couplings are for but I read on the Agrarmodellbau Forum that there will be 2 versions of the Xerions. First will be a 'Claas' edition exclusively for Claas to market. Will have a Claas box, no brand name etched on the tyres, a 50 km/h sign and a GT number plate (Claas' own fleet all have GT prefix). Then there will be a second version with standard box, 40 Km/h decal, branded wheels and a random number plate. Hopefully that one will be cheaper!

The Xerion Saddle Trac has indeed a fixed cab. I reckon that the two ball couplings on the rear platform are for the Claas weight package as there are none at the back (for mounting machinery) and they are in the wrong position for a goose neck slurry tank.

If they were to do a tank for the Xerion it would probably be an SGT. The numbers of saddle tanks they sell is far greater than Zunhammer and Kotte etc.. I wonder if the slurry tank would be sold separate though, more likely as a complete model?

Both the Xerion models look fine to me and Weise can be trusted for very high quality models but Wiking wasn't to bad? At least if the Sieper Werke had done them you could knock € 40 off the price!

Edit: Still no clue what the two ball couplings are for but I read on the Agrarmodellbau Forum that there will be 2 versions of the Xerions. First will be a 'Claas' edition exclusively for Claas to market. Will have a Claas box, no brand name etched on the tyres, a 50 km/h sign and a GT number plate (Claas' own fleet all have GT prefix). Then there will be a second version with standard box, 40 Km/h decal, branded wheels and a random number plate. Hopefully that one will be cheaper!

Oh I hope your wrong Niels,took a bit of finding,but I did get there eventually,the new SGT tanker for the new Xerion 4000 looks hideous,imho

SGTXerionslurry2_zpsd990a47e.jpg

SGTXerionslurry_zpsffefdc45.jpg

Not to keen on the "road wheel" supporting the front suction equipment either,

Regards

Joe.

The nipples are there on the real machine to give mounting points for whatever demount system you fit to it. Gives a standard for all implement makers to work to and ensuring that they are mounted to the designed strong points.

Cheers Brian,do you know how demount systems are mounted at the rear of the machine,?? pictures are near none existent,

Regards

Joe.

Well Joe speaking purely from estatic reasons I'd much rather see a Kaweco tanker on the back of the 4000 than any saddle tank. Personally I'd prefer the SGT or Kotte over a Zunhammer for looks. Like Sean says it's there to do a job of course not to be pretty. The wheel will probably be there for tight German road regulations.

The ball joints on the back will probably act like a kind of twistlock system than, similar to that used on lorry's. When you look up images on the net the weight platform goes over it as well so will probably work for both. Makes sense.

Funny though that Weise do the Xerion now but DO use the Wiking weights!

I completely agree with you Niels,it's all about personal preference,and what your accustomed to,the only farm near me that handles a lot of slurry uses an umbilical hose straight from the farm storage tank,so tractor mounted tanks are virtually unknown to me,I'm just going by what appeals best to me,I reckon you would probably prefer one of these,

Kaweco2_zps3f11be4e.jpg

Where as I think this looks better sitting on the New Xerion 4000

Z2_zps4739eaff.jpg

Z3_zps9f0f188a.jpg

Although I would like to see someone do this for the Old Xerion 3800

Kaweco1_zpsdfc1eaa8.jpg

Regards

Joe.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm liking that Saddle Trac,and the Xerion is none to shabby,apart from that front wheel, >:D >:D  pictures courtesy of FarmModel news Facebook page,

FarmModelnewsXerion1_zpsc7653fc5.jpg

FarmModelnewsXerion2_zpsce22584c.jpg

I'm guessing these are still early prototypes,as I believe the release date is July,also reckon these must have been take at the model show this weekend,http://www.modelshow-europe.com/

Regards

Joe.

Archived