Farm Journal -Cider Hill Farms

CCF

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for the delay...I was going to make an honest effort to take pictures but a couple of rats came and tried to steal the Beetie Mobile out of my shed  >:(::)

This week, the Farm received a substantial freezing rain and snow mix, which has locked up by the time we shoveled the equipment barn doors out. Unable to use the Snow Thrower, we took out the John Deere 430 Crawler, and cleaned up the rest of the snow with the Loader Tractor.

IMG_0113-1.jpg

IMG_0119-1.jpg

IMG_0122-1.jpg

IMG_0132-1.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

I have attempted to make a mini movie out of today's pictures. Feedback good and bad would be appreciated, as I would like to try to make an improved movie next week if anyone is interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ipEWl6FpZA

Great pics Tim.. and I like the youtube versions as well...  How about a full on "stop motion" pic next time.... that would be wicked... what program did you make that on mate ???

Sorry to hear about your rat problem  >:( - want me and Bazza to come and sit in your shed  ???:D :D :D

No...there wouldn't be any shed left if I placed you two in there at the same time  ::):D :D

What do you mean by a full on "stop motion picture"? I used Microsoft Movie Maker to make the movie, it was part of the Microsoft Service Pack II Package. I used a "Test Tube" option on Youtube to add the song to the movie.  :)

Looks good timy, i realy like the mini movie, a full length verson would be cool

Thanks Nick for the input  :)

Seeing as I have received a good input from both here and TTT, I am going to try to make another improved mini movie sometime this week  :)

Nice movie Tim! Reminds me of the Evil Bazza sliding down the snow last year in the tray  :D :D

Nice pictures too. Look foward to the next one!

i was just thinking the same thing luke  :D :D

good pics tim & good film , you had any snow by any chance  ;)

On Monday, the received a large rainstorm, accompanied by abnormally high temperatures for February. Today since the ground has softened up, we cleaned up the debris on the roads that froze in late November and was unable to be cleaned during the normal fall clean up time.

First, we took the John Deere 430 Bulldozer and scraped away the pine needles and leaves on the road. One might think that a job like this should be taken care of with a few hand rakes, but the volume of needles and leaves that fall on the roads in the fall justifies the use of machinery. To compensate, we truck in a few dump truck loads of dirt and clay from the pond in the spring to restore the roads:

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

After all of the pine needles and leaves were pushed into a neat pile, the 250 Skid Steer came in and cleaned up the piles:

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

I have made a Mini Movie of today's events, this time with the use of a mini tripod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNtbsQWTYhE

That's all for now folks!

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend the farm received another snowstorm, dumping several inches of snow and ice on the farm. Marky and Martin were called in by the farm owner to clean up the snow.

When Marky and Martin pulled into the farm and tried to take out the skid steer, the engine would not start. They opened up the engine compartment, and tried to look for the problem:

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

After some looking, they found a shredded wire that looked like a mouse had chewed through it, and a missing radiator cap. Martin pulled a new radiator cap and wire out of the parts bin, and installed them. As soon as Martin got the Skid Steer started, he backed it out of the barn and started cleaning up the snow. While Martin was cleaning up the snow, Marky pulled the Massey Ferguson into the barn and began performing it's spring tune up:

IMG_0411.jpg

All that needed to be cleared that day was the equipment barn area, and the road to the main entrance. Martin had the snow moved in no time:

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

After two hours of work, the road was cleaned off, and most of the tune up jobs for the Massey Ferguson were completed. Marky and Martin decided to call it a day, and locked up and left the farm for the day:

IMG_0417.jpg

For this week's Mini Movie, please click on the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDODDIeureg

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks!

• 2 weeks later...