Ford Farm

Old Ford

done a bit more last night when the wife went to bed. going to have ago at the milking parlour, just dont know how big to do it. ??? ??? love some help from some one :) :). theres going to be an alley along the fence and one along the wall for cow to go in and out. but dont know how wide to make it, also the milking parlour its self how big ??? ??? to milk 5 cows at a time, with a bulk tank for 60 or so friesians. HELP WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED. :) :) :) :)

mark,will you be using the britains stall or scratch building a new parlour ?

if you've not got a britains one , i can meet you at taunton so you can borrow mine for a fitting so to speak  :)

as for the finish to the yard floor use the rough side of a peice of hardboard as it's already got the rough pattern on it  & it looks like it's been grooved ,just paint it concrete grey. ;)

thanks marcus,  scratch build  :-\ i was  going to build a 4 sided building with two rooms, one for the 5 milking stalls, one for the bulk tank. with a door at each end, one on the left side for the cows to go in and five on the right for them to go out. base on a farm i use to work on. but being along time ago cant remember how big it was. just need the size of one stall, the alley round the back wide enough for a cow to turn in to and go along to get out, height to lowest part of roof, size of doors, and size of bulk tank for 60 cows for two milkings. not to much. ::) ::)::):) :) :)

Very nice Marcus ;) OF if you make the milking area about 8 inchs wide you will be able to get in a herringbone milking parlour. The cow standing area should let your cows stand at a 50 degree angle from wall to operator pit so nose to wall tail to pit at 50 degrees. as for a tank I'm using 2 old milk tanks from a cheap farm kit, don't really like them, but planning to replace them with something more realistic. Here's a quick pic.

post-77-132638526629_thumb.jpg

i wasn't planning on milking any cows ,just to rear on heifers :-\

that layout looks very posh SC & those tanks look really good as they are  :)

We'll have none of that dirty talk round here young man. Thank you.

Looking good with the dairy's lads. I din't realise the Britains one had such detail to be honest. Garret - goe's without saying your is ace!!! Take these two on board OF and you'll be getting somewhere reeeally handy. Oh and I am 5ft 6ins so when can I caome round and play??  :) :)