Lakeland Model Farm&Construction Show November 16th 2014

stevestoys

Date For The Show Is The Sunday 16th Of November 2014.

Address Is The Reheged Centre, Redhills,Penrith CA11 ODQ.

Forms For The Show Who Are Displaying And Selling Will Be Sent Out To You Shortly.

Any New People Who Want To Display Or Sell Please Send Me A Message And Will Send It On To Harold.

This Year There Will Be A New Best In Show Diorama Trophy Awarded In Memory Of The Late Clifford Bateson Who Was One Of The Best Diorama Builders About And Who Attended And Displayed At The Show.You Will Get To Keep This For 12 Months.Will Put Some Pictures Up Shortly Of The New Trophy Once It Is Finished.  

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent news about the new trophy in memory of Clifford Bateson. I'm sure it will be a great show but not one for me this year since it clashes with a couple of North East of Scotland ploughing matches.

Excellent news about the new trophy in memory of Clifford Bateson. I'm sure it will be a great show but not one for me this year since it clashes with a couple of North East of Scotland ploughing matches.

You never know Bill the ploughing matches might be called off due to bad weather so thats were plan B comes into effect called The Lakeland Show.Be good to catch up again if you do make it to the show.

Well that is very true Shaun...as I drove home past Keith yesterday I though the field looked rather dead only to discover Monday's show had been cancelled due to the horrendous weather. I'll see you at Lanark before that thought.

• 4 weeks later...

The Lakeland Cifford Bateson Best In Show Diorama Trophy.

Model Is A Scratch Built David Brown 4wd 1690 Tractor.As Clifford Was A David Brown Man And He Liked Messing About With Wood I Thought That This Type Of Model Would Be Ideal As A Fitting Tribute To A Very Gifted Diorama Builder.This Will Be The Prize For The Best In Show Diorama At The Lakeland Show.Hope You Like The Model And Feedback Welcome.ENJOY :) 

diorama003_zps7accff53.jpg

diorama002_zps8e33ed35.jpg

diorama006_zps17ea584f.jpg

diorama005_zps5e8d5787.jpg

diorama004_zps8dea91a2.jpg

diorama001_zps12f1144f.jpg

Excellent idea idea Shaun...and something that bit different 8)

Yeah thanks Bill and wanted to do something a little different than just a silver trophy.If it was not for Clifford and his ideas on how to build model displays i might not have started to do displays.So this is just my way of remembering Clifford and hopefully give some encouragement to the younger generation and older ones to keep on doing dioramas for shows.

• 2 weeks later...

excellent to see the push on for the show just hope I can make it now as not sure after tomorrow if my british citizenship passport will be valid or if I will be allowed to cross the border checkpoint if the vote goes wrong

Hey Brian,If the vote goes wright or wrong we will smuggle you in the country in your ice cream van.Anyway were i live you need your passport to get out and over the bridge never mind to get back in.Just think though if you do go it alone in Scotland your models will be a lot more money :)

well bad news for everyone at penrith I am going to be at the show due to no border control

convo that means you will now need to add to the hectic schedule as I can collect my models

Kenny now there is an idea

Shaun I found that out when I tried to pick you up for Zwolle

• 2 weeks later...

Forms for the show should be with you now.Send me a message if you have not received your form and i will pass on the details.So get ready for the show and dont forget new best in show diorama trophy this year. :)

Scottish pig just flew past my window or was in a Cumbrian variety

• 4 weeks later...

Now for this show.Just 3 weeks to go for the Lakeland show so get your forms sent back to Harold.Hope you can all make it to the show as you know there is a new best in show trophy this year.I will sort the pub out for Saturday night for who ever wants to join us for a meal and good laugh.

Spoke to Aaaroold today (and his teeth) and yes just 3 weeks before the next weirdo fest

Exciting times for the show

To all of you that haven't yet visited this great show well you have missed out so come along

Where are you northern weirdos staying ?...just so that I can book somewhere else :-*

Travelodge at Penrith.It has a lot of rooms so you can be at one end of the hotel and we can be at the other.That sounds good!!!!.Pub Saturday night in Penrith.Travelodge only 5 mins from the show so ideal.

Archived