One for the Britains Experts

IAINH1973

Bought this Deutz Fahr Britains trailer in a scrap heap on EBAY . New back door and silage sides added. I have never seen this trailer with grey wheels . The limited pictures I have seen are all yellow like the forage harvester. Was this a variation? I have no reason to believe they have been changed.

">http://20140822_221620_zps35ed561f.jpg

">http://http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/iainh1973/media/20140822_221537_zps6779a4bf.jpg.html'>20140822_221537_zps6779a4bf.jpg

I think the late MF red silage tipping trailer had a black chassis, silver/plain tipper handle and silver/grey wide tyre wheels, to me the green looks too dark to be authentic Britains Deutz although the forager is right, perhaps the trailer was painted to match it unless both the trailer and forager were a set, which I've never seen, possibly made for outside the UK market? I would like to see David Pullen or someone put together and publish a book on Britains sets, we've yet to see any books on these.

looks ok to me, the green looks dark down to the spotless white top on it. maybe try a source a older one of someone??  I have the yellow wheeled one, plus a spare body / chassis, but the lift rams missing, if I can find one I will rebuild it as the grey wheeler, as its missing the wheels anyway,  

looks ok to me, the green looks dark down to the spotless white top on it. maybe try a source a older one of someone??  I have the yellow wheeled one, plus a spare body / chassis, but the lift rams missing, if I can find one I will rebuild it as the grey wheeler, as its missing the wheels anyway,  

yes i think the paint is original. The silage sides are middling in white colour compared with my other unboxed trailers.

">http://http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/iainh1973/media/20140824_171054_zps7ca6c577.jpg.html'>20140824_171054_zps7ca6c577.jpg

You kept that one quiet Bill! A nice find/set. I bought a loose set a few years ago, kept the trailer and forage harvester but sold on the tractor as surplus. My trailer also has yellow wheels.

This colour variation, below, came with grey wheels and apparently, as told me by a dealer, also came in the Deutz set but I have never seen one. A member on here has an individually boxed one, can't remember if it is with silage top though  ???

IMG_4919.jpg

A Shepton Mallet purchase last year, I had to buy a red MF200 trailer for the tailgate and lift mechanism as both were long gone, decals, not added here yet, came form Dave Towse

You kept that one quiet Bill! A nice find/set.

Quiet Bill...never been called that before Paul....but there is a first time for everything ;D  ;D

On a more serious note I acquired this set a couple of years ago and is my most expensive boxed set in my collection. In my article in Issue 24 of MODEL Farmer on Britains Gift Sets Part 4 Andy Ebbage said "An excellent example of this set typically sells between £ 130 and £ 240"....I hope I achieve the higher valuation when I come to sell it ;D  ;D

I have that one to, more a lime/aw trailers green ,yes there is a boxed one on here to, but its not mine, like you I had to source a new tailgate via a scrap lot on ebay, but it did come with the original decals, I also have a manure spreader that's a very similar green to this trailer, deffinataly not the usual green

012-9.jpg

Quiet Bill...never been called that before Paul....but there is a first time for everything ;D  ;D

On a more serious note I acquired this set a couple of years ago and is my most expensive boxed set in my collection. In my article in Issue 24 of MODEL Farmer on Britains Gift Sets Part 4 Andy Ebbage said "An excellent example of this set typically sells between £ 130 and £ 240"....I hope I achieve the higher valuation when I come to sell it ;D  ;D

Yeh we all need to start saving up for the "sale of the century". This set is number one on my wish list.

Yeh we all need to start saving up for the "sale of the century". This set is number one on my wish list.

Well I don't know if it will quite be the "sale of the century" Iain but I'm sure it will be in this century...... I haven't given much thought as yet to how I will sell it all off other than it has to be the most financially beneficial way for myself ;D  ;D 

Do I put a yellow post it sticky with your name on it Iain :unsure:  :huh:

Well I don't know if it will quite be the "sale of the century" Iain but I'm sure it will be in this century...... I haven't given much thought as yet to how I will sell it all off other than it has to be the most financially beneficial way for myself ;D  ;D 

Do I put a yellow post it sticky with your name on it Iain :unsure:  :huh:

Yeh if you dont mind

• 3 years later...
On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2014 at 12:02 PM, super6 said:

You kept that one quiet Bill! A nice find/set. I bought a loose set a few years ago, kept the trailer and forage harvester but sold on the tractor as surplus. My trailer also has yellow wheels.

This colour variation, below, came with grey wheels and apparently, as told me by a dealer, also came in the Deutz set but I have never seen one. A member on here has an individually boxed one, can't remember if it is with silage top though  ???

IMG_4919.jpg

A Shepton Mallet purchase last year, I had to buy a red MF200 trailer for the tailgate and lift mechanism as both were long gone, decals, not added here yet, came form Dave Towse

I have the same model in my collection, with a MF-200 decal on both sides.

Archived