MAN Self Propelled Lime Spreader

As seen in the work bench topic. Got a few hours in on this over the week, based on the Ryetec-Gustrower machine http://www.ryetec.net/product.php?id_product=54 I have used the Fast Lane MAN cab, modified cast britain's wheels and the rest is scratch built. Here's what I've got so far.
122_zps2ae3919a.jpg
124_zps37fce9fc.jpg
125_zps7c769d4c.jpg
Thanks for Looking
James

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow that's a beast of a model,superb build on all the plastruct detailing.

Don't take this the wrong way James,but I can see you have put so much top class work and time in to building the rear body,I think your model would look even better having a steerable front axle fitted to it and floatation wheels as well,I have just looked at photos of the real truck and your build is so good it deserve's them.

Your right Jamie, I'd like to do that but don't have the funds at the moment, all this was laying round on the bench and the model will most likely be sold once done to fund something bigger I'm planning with an exact replica of Ryetecs machine being made in the future

wow now that is some scratch building!! is it difficult to take the cab apart mate? i can see you have sprayed yours and made a grand job of it too and put a driver in you must have taken yours apart!!

Don't even mention getting that cab apart Jordan, I cut out the two slots at the back by drilling them and cutting with a craft knife, then I managed to get a screwdriver between the plastic base and metal cab and slowley levered it apart. It is held on by the black MAN grill so if you can get that off then it should just slide out by pressing in the two tabs at the back. Really happy with the painting as it was myfirst go with an airbrush

Nice work James :) it would be great to see this parked along side an old Ford 5000 and Atkinson Lime spreader from back in the day 8) 

I think also that you'd be able to tax the truck as a piece of agricultural equipment.... It's a bit like a self propelled sprayer that it's only designed to do 1 job or process, not for hauling or providing power for other equipment. I think also that it would be legal at 50k as it's fitted with full suspension and full ebs braking....a bit like a Fastrac. I not too sure if  now mandatory CPC or tacho would still be needed though as it being a contractors machine it would be for hire and reward, so that could also open up red/white diesel issues on the public roads ::)

Archived