classic tractor 2015

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Excellent article on MF stands through the years, I was waiting a whole month on this, I love seeing the seas of red and grey adorning stands when MF were manufacturing at Banner Lane, and the dominance of bigger machinery as the years go on. Funny when you,re growing up on and around them you never thought that one day theyd be highly desirable classics nor that they would earn your respect for life... Big Countys are always nice to see and the article on the 1884 was most enjoyable especially when its entire history was known.. I don't know where AM PARRIS keep finding such good tractors but their ad every month for me has become a bit of the mag that I enjoy also....

• 3 weeks later...

the current issue is fantastic, especially the feature on the two Ford Versatile 946's and the artic/high HP article. I was interested to read that the White Field Boss was marketed in the UK, does anyone know if many were sold over here?  I'm guessing probably not.  Have recently got the back issues out of storage, I just love the feature on the Essex farm with all the steel track crawlers from last Nov/Dec issue, one of my favourites.

• 4 weeks later...

The 2 IHs on the current cover reminds us of the long run IH got from its XL cabin, but the pic of the 674 4wd caught my eye because I spent many hours working with a 674 and a 475 on the same farm, the tractor has been beautifully restored with many personal improvements along the way. The many improvements made would have been a big advantage to us that used them back in the day. A nice section of DBs also, I love seeing original archive material not only on MF but also on other makes that were common to me growing up, its so nice to see them all original including the factory fitted tyres from Dunlop, Good Year and Firestone, at rallies only a handful are actually returned to completely original spec and its always an ongoing dispute as to whats right and wrong but material like this cannot be argued with. And now onto the bit that really is up my street and that's anything from the knowledgeable DAVID WALKER, what an excellent contributor to have on board with endless memories and info id love to hear more about. David Pullen has once again done a nice article and upon recently bumping into him again I was reminded of the fact that when he does an interview its not a case of just question and answer, its more like chatting to an old pal and feels much more like a conversation among two like minded people, this quality is genuinely rare. Its just a big glossy fully packed mag that's bursting with all the things I love combined with a massive source of info.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived