MF 6613 Ltd edition back British Farming campaign model.

Hillview

https://www.facebook.com/modelfarmermag/photos/a.111090072277402.22588.104486572937752/782584665127936/?type=1&theater

I saw this new model advertised in the Model Farmer magazine and on the Facebook page. As a keen MF model collector I was interested to find out whether this model was just the standard Britains model with back british farmers logos added/painted on or was there extra detail added like you would get in a LCN show model. 

I can buy a standard Britains MF 6613 for £18.50 and if I want to buy this limited model it will cost me £40 + p+p. 

That is over a £20 difference so I posted a comment on the fb page asking what the differences were. I expected a reply outlining what the differences where but my comment appeared to be deleted!

So I added another comment which again appears to be deleted! Maybe somebody in the Model Farmer team can inform me why my comments were deleted.

If the model was just the standard model with decals added I would rather spend the money customising the model for my layout. If there was different wheels, weights, driver, etc added then I would have considered buying it. 

That's all I wanted to know as like many model collectors we have to be abit choosy in what we buy.

On a side note. I know about the red tractor symbol and it is backed by MF but shouldn't it be a New Holland tractor which is made in the UK.

New Holland is part of the Fiat group Paul, if we're going down the route of a British built tractor to tie in with the red tractor logo then it would have to be a Case IH off the New Holland Basildon line.

yes of course,the fiat group,thanks Mark,i still stick with the fastrac

pub Quiz time ....

1 ,, what tractor manufactures have come forward so far to back British farming ?

2 ,, what tractors are currently  produced in the UK and solely owned in the UK ?

3 ,, what model / toy manufactures are based and produced in the UK?

4 ,, what is the whole reason of the Back British Farming campaign ? 

5 ,, what is the difference between a limited edition model / toy with a few stickers / decals on Vs weight blocks / beacons / driver Vs painted none original manufactures colour Vs weathered / muddy look ?

I was not going to get involved with this post but it has got the better of me so here we are

John Deere have backed British farming in a display that they gave a combine harvester a full body wrap the back end of last year and drove it through the centre of London it was all over the news and in the mags .

A Massey Ferguson tractor was  used for the pictures in the advertising campaign ,

what you will see this year is more tractor and machinery manufactures / dealers  backing British farming ,

if we are going down the road of produced in the UK then we need to consider the model / toy used  ,Tomy / britains are based in the UK but were they made ? so do you use UH ,Siku ,Wiking ,USK ?

two model manufactures that springs to mind that is based and produced in the UK is DPD models and Scale down models I am sure there are others  .

any limited edition  model / toy made has to consider end price ,collector or children ,granddad and grammar buying little Joey a model for his birthday .

the bigger picture in all of this is the fact that British ,Scottish and Irish farming is struggling and has been for a few years so the whole campaign from the NFU back British farming  has to be only a good thing not so much about what ,,should of,, could of ,,,been used as a model / toy / real  tractor ,

I just hope this campaign is just the start of bringing awareness to how important it is for us to support the UK farming market place .

very good topic for debate ;)

https://www.facebook.com/modelfarmermag/photos/a.111090072277402.22588.104486572937752/782584665127936/?type=1&theater

I saw this new model advertised in the Model Farmer magazine and on the Facebook page. As a keen MF model collector I was interested to find out whether this model was just the standard Britains model with back british farmers logos added/painted on or was there extra detail added like you would get in a LCN show model. 

I can buy a standard Britains MF 6613 for £18.50 and if I want to buy this limited model it will cost me £40 + p+p. 

That is over a £20 difference so I posted a comment on the fb page asking what the differences were. I expected a reply outlining what the differences where but my comment appeared to be deleted!

So I added another comment which again appears to be deleted! Maybe somebody in the Model Farmer team can inform me why my comments were deleted.

If the model was just the standard model with decals added I would rather spend the money customising the model for my layout. If there was different wheels, weights, driver, etc added then I would have considered buying it. 

That's all I wanted to know as like many model collectors we have to be abit choosy in what we buy.

On a side note. I know about the red tractor symbol and it is backed by MF but shouldn't it be a New Holland tractor which is made in the UK.

I agree with 100% on this....

I think that Peter has summed it up very well.

This model was produced to promote British Farming and not British Tractor production. Looking around it would be possible to put forward a case to have most main tractor marques as the model in that box.

NH are built in Britain but are an Italian Company.

JD is the largest selling tractor in the UK and do a lot to support British Farming.

MF are built in France but are a traditional British marque.

As far as the cost of the model, it is a limited edition and the alterations have been done by 1/32 Farming Models, that in itself justifies the extra cost. Only 150 have been produced so that qualifies it in my eyes as a truly limited edition and worth buying as a collector. As of yesterday there were only 20 left so by now they may well have sold out although I don't have access to that information.

The post in question was removed as it was not the place to discuss this issue. The page there is to provide followers the opportunity to order the model. It's not a forum hence yours? or (Moira Model Club's) comments were deleted. Personally at the time, I found the comment a little churlish as you can quite obviously see what the model is in the picture but of course, if you want to know more about the model, then that's fine if it means aiding your decision to order one or not. If you were so keen to know the differences though, an email or message would have been the better way to go perhaps. Indeed, several people have asked the same question to us, albeit via a message and we have been happy to oblige.

Failing that, a topic on FTF is a good way to discuss the issue although I notice you answered your own query with your query anyway!

Like Mike said it's a true limited edition with so low numbers, I am guessing that Britains didn't do the extra's on it as they have a minimum number for limited edition models  so was it done by someone we know? Sorry for being so nosey.

Come on Mark, Mikes post no.7 '1/32 farm models' or convo (Peter) on here

The post in question was removed as it was not the place to discuss this issue. The page there is to provide followers the opportunity to order the model. It's not a forum hence yours? or (Moira Model Club's) comments were deleted. Personally at the time, I found the comment a little churlish as you can quite obviously see what the model is in the picture but of course, if you want to know more about the model, then that's fine if it means aiding your decision to order one or not. If you were so keen to know the differences though, an email or message would have been the better way to go perhaps. Indeed, several people have asked the same question to us, albeit via a message and we have been happy to oblige.

Failing that, a topic on FTF is a good way to discuss the issue although I notice you answered your own query with your query anyway!

Thanks for your reply. 

Like Mike said it's a true limited edition with so low numbers, I am guessing that Britains didn't do the extra's on it as they have a minimum number for limited edition models  so was it done by someone we know? Sorry for being so nosey.

well I it was me who made it all possible ,,,there is no secret ,,and as you will see over the coming weeks all will be revealed in the magazines and internet sites / facebook  .

I have got loads of customers that are farmers and a lot of good friends that are also farmers and they  are all struggling to keep there heads above water at the moment .

I can not stress how passionate I am about this back British farming campaign ,,the bigger picture in all of this is that this little toy / model with a few stickers slapped on it will do great things ,weather you love or dislike this toy / model created it will do the same job when you go and tell your mates all about how crap or good it is you are making more people awear of why it was done ;) ;) 

take the real police tractors ,,,farm crime a wearness  ,,,yes they  look different  ,,love or hate them you talking about it does the job ,

by spreading the word you are making people think . 

and while we all have an opinion I would have loved to do this model on a weise fendt 926 favorit ,,for no other reason that this is my favorit tractor :)   

• 2 weeks later...

Yes well said paul  don't think the price of the donor tractor matters its what you finish with that matters?.Also if convo was not  passionate about British farming I don't think he would offer such a range of decals/wheels etc as for the details and time he puts into his conversions and resprays speak for themselves keep up the good work convo I look forward to seeing the finished model

Are,,,, James I wonded when you would reappear and really what sort of jealous comment is that !!!

Regardless of the base model used the work entailed would be the same the only difference would be the end price would be higher to the customer.

As for my interest in backing British farming what would you know about that ..

May be one day James you might just attend ....A.....model show and introduce you self and see what is going on ,,,, I for sure would really like to meet you face to face to discuss farming models ,,,

Are,,,, James I wonded when you would reappear and really what sort of jealous comment is that !!!

Regardless of the base model used the work entailed would be the same the only difference would be the end price would be higher to the customer.

As for my interest in backing British farming what would you know about that ..

May be one day James you might just attend ....A.....model show and introduce you self and see what is going on ,,,, I for sure would really like to meet you face to face to discuss farming models ,,,

Is this going to be a HARRY HILL discussion ? FIGHT

Come on smithy ,,, we are grown men ,,,,I am a lover more than a fighter ,,,, but on that note I did love boxing for 7 years and I did win a few fights ,,,😜

yes I now that it was meant to add a bit of humour to the post   Harry Hill does get things sorted  

• 2 weeks later...

Oh fer goodness sakes chaps! Nobody is being forced to buy this, nobody is going to hang onto it if they don't like it when they get it, ( = after sales prices?) and nobody should complain when you are buying what is basically a fund raising model that the mark up is high, (If I've got that bit right, of course? Please tell me I have!). Extra details would be nice, but I don't think it makes a jot of difference to the collectability of the model if there's an just extra sticker applied by a flock of sheep or a fully working gearbox, hand built by Harry Ferguson!

I've bought one and it will sit very nicely in my cabinet, I'm sure.

Hmph, back into my little dark room again now...

Well said when you think about it somebody (convo?) still had to designee the decals, take each model out of box apply decals,put model back in box ,apply sticker to front of box ,pack back in trade box and transport to show ,or post office if being posted it all adds to the cost I got my model and I am happy with it and I am not really a m/f fan  (hope that sounds right I not to good with words) smithy     

Archived