Not Smithy's collection.

mf135

Thanks James, back in the mid 90's when joal made the 155-65 Fastrac I did quite a few conversions of fastracs, like UK military, The cummins powered 185-65, 145, Horsch AT200 and a copy of my real 155-65 that I used on the farm back then. Also a battery powered version with motor and gearing and a working PTO along with a detailed Perkins engine, opening bonnet, removable front weights, movable front linkage, working top links, front press and combi drill and wide tyres went to town on this one as you can see i had more time back then! I was also featured in JCB's landpower news with the models.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Haven't posted much of my own collection on here for a while, but just before Christmas I bought this model at auction it was hand built by Stewart reidpath  model makers in Kent in the early 1950's as the model it was based on in real was made from 1952-54 being a Muir Hill SSD rope loading shovel based on a E1A new type Fordson Major. Completely made from scratch in 1/18 scale as it is a bit smaller than 1/16 constructed from brass and wood and has fully working rope shovel and bucket trip. And as you can see it was made for E (Edward) Boydell and co limited which is is hand painted in the lid of the wood case it came in and E Boydell was owner of Muir Hill from 1931 so this is a part of genuine MH history.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 4 months later...

Picked up a few bits for my own collection when at Chartres ACA show didn't seam to be as much older pieces this time, well anybody that know me I am the least "blingy person" but I do collect Deutz and this gold UH version took my eye.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, mf135 said:

Some resent additions to the collection mainly from the L.C.N show in zwolle holland a few weeks ago. image.jpg

i have a version of one of these, but do not know anything about it other than it came from the late Brian Parkes of Scaledown Model Tractor Kits, I presumed that he made it? The one i have is shorter having only 15 rings, Britains fat trailer wheels/tyres and is marked up R&M IMPLEMENTS, apart from that it is exactly the same. Is it a furrow press of sorts?

Archived