Grass is on down west

Tractorman810

Managed to get back today and came across the farmer , it was indeed his first cut,apparently he got as good as his normal first cut down to not getting the fields 3rd cut as normal last year, the contractor let him down and by the time they got to him the weather had changed, so he was in his terms ahead in growth compaired to normal , now i aint a grass person ,but he seemed very happy with what he got out of the 5 fields he had done, so i guess it must have been ok. And on my travels this week i have seen ohers cutting to . We certainly didnt have a bad winter, and even at hime our grass has been growing well,

Oh no it's getting to that time of the year where all we'll hear about is silage, mowers, and forage harvesters. Think I'll hibernate till it's all over ;D  ;D

It's only for a couple of months before cereals start, then its all about who has the biggest lexion and pub yields. I'd rather have grass ;D

• 4 weeks later...

seen my first silaging of the year,just on the outskirts of a little village called Buckland,only a fleeting glimpse,claas jag,waiting for a trailer,didnt see any tractors or trailers drawing away,2 fields by a road,that will have gone by the time i pass it again tomorrow morning

seen plenty of stuff getting cut and also a jd forager that looked like it had been used recently parked up in a yard next to the a38 just before buckfastleigh, young cerin will confirm that a good few fields ,well a hell of a lot of them ,have been cut weeks ago down into cornwall around his way, inc one  area that's been picked up by a brand new fendt katana ,which I got a  spying of  while doing 70 past it  ,cornwall seems to be ahead of devon by a good few weeks  which is unusal as they normally kick off the same time near as 

cerin's trying to be getting some pics, its only 5 miles up the road from him roughly , as he had heard about its arrival  I saw it while coming back from Falmouth, but on the a30 theres no where to stop , was just into the road works so the layby was shut for the recovery guys

Archived