LAMMA SHOW 2016

smithy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be there on the 20th. First time going and looking forward to it. Hopefully its a nice easy drive up from Sussex the day before. I'm planning to arrive and use the free car park early, around 6am, to avoid the show traffic and grab an early breakfast. I'll be sure to say hello :)

9 hours ago, Luke190 said:

I'll be there on the 20th. First time going and looking forward to it. Hopefully its a nice easy drive up from Sussex the day before. I'm planning to arrive and use the free car park early, around 6am, to avoid the show traffic and grab an early breakfast. I'll be sure to say hello :)

Yes getting there around 6am you should be ok on the traffic as it does get a bit of a problem from about 7am but this year I think there is 3 entrances instead of the normal 2 and then we need a dryer spell of weather as the grass car parks get a bit cut up .Me and Martyn should be in one of the vintage tractor sheds which we will set up on the Tuesday but on the Wednesday we have a quick walk round first thing then uncover the stall about 8-30 to 9ish as people don't buy first thing as they have to carry it around all day    

2 hours ago, smithy said:

Yes getting there around 6am you should be ok on the traffic as it does get a bit of a problem from about 7am but this year I think there is 3 entrances instead of the normal 2 and then we need a dryer spell of weather as the grass car parks get a bit cut up .Me and Martyn should be in one of the vintage tractor sheds which we will set up on the Tuesday but on the Wednesday we have a quick walk round first thing then uncover the stall about 8-30 to 9ish as people don't buy first thing as they have to carry it around all day    

I'll be driving up in a little hire car. Has there been previous issues with cars getting stuck in the grass car park? I expect I'll have one of those tiny Fiat's! Could make things interesting on the way out

1 hour ago, Luke190 said:

I'll be driving up in a little hire car. Has there been previous issues with cars getting stuck in the grass car park? I expect I'll have one of those tiny Fiat's! Could make things interesting on the way out

Where do I start well last year was not to bad as they had put down some extra temporary roads but some people was still being pulled off in the grass arrears but two years ago they had a fleet of Valtra tractors pulling cars and lorries of onto the hard main roads some of the Valtras had snow blades on the front pushing the lumps of mud to the side of the road and some had brushes on and sweeping most of the big lumps was coming from between lorry wheels and as for walking round on the second day it was like being in the trenches in WW1 well maybe not that bad but it was difficult last year was dryer under foot and this year should be as two years ago was the first Lamma at the show ground and they was not really set up for a winter show last year they put extra drains in which did improve it and I am sure it will be even better this year as they have spent more money on improvements after all of this it is a very good show to go to bit of a job to get round it all in a day . Hope to see you there        

2 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Being pulled off In a grass area.... Oh the memories.

Bit concerned now since I don't want to damage the hire car with high excess if I'm being pulled out of the mud. Hopefully I can park just off the road surface

6 minutes ago, Luke190 said:

Bit concerned now since I don't want to damage the hire car with high excess if I'm being pulled out of the mud. Hopefully I can park just off the road surface

You don't want to get pulled off in the mud mate.  Think about it Luke, I come from Essex. Being pulled off.....err,in the company of a young lady....err,has the penny dropped yet mate.....

35 minutes ago, Luke190 said:

Don't worry you will be fine as you are getting there before most others and you should be parked close to the entrance where the grass wont be cut up

45 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

You don't want to get pulled off in the mud mate.  Think about it Luke, I come from Essex. Being pulled off.....err,in the company of a young lady....err,has the penny dropped yet mate.....

Haha!

Great day out at LAMMA this morning.

Arrived early which worked out well as it gave me a chance to have an extended chat with a number of company's over a potential 90hp tractor purchase I'm considering, to help with my families horse paddocks and possibly some contract hedge cutting at weekends. Lots on offer to consider and easier than driving dealer to dealer.

Smithy, sorry I didn't get to meet you. I planned on staying the whole day, but needed to leave by 10:30 as my son is poorly. Hope you enjoyed the first day.

Anyone following this thread will know that I was worried about getting bogged down in the grass car park. Well, although I ordered the smallest category hire car, the company gave me a large automatic BMW estate with only 5k miles. Lovely, powerful car but guess what.... I got bloody stuck!! Haha. Rear wheels were spinning. One of the John Deere tractors came to pull me out when we realised the hire company had removed the screw-in towing eye from the boot. So a no go using the tractor. Thankfully 4 blokes pushed the car out. Fairly easily. Bloody embarrassing in a powerful estate. Hope others weren't so unfortunate as the ground was very wet in some areas?! 

Some of the kit on show was unreal. I took a few photos on my phone which I'll upload maybe tomorrow

Glad you liked the show pity you had to leave early as would have liked to say hello maybe next time also hope that your son is ok look like you got one or two bargains on the model side also sorry to hear that you got stuck on grass today but I did worn you haha shan't say no more 

Archived