Above ground slurry tank

county999

Question

10 answers to this question

There two main ones I have seen, the dark blue gloss finish perma store ,  or a dark green Matt finish, I have seen several makes in that shade new ones seem to be stoth? Storth? Something like that, other orders ones are all sort, I guess they have all gone bust over the years 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

There two main ones I have seen, the dark blue gloss finish perma store ,  or a dark green Matt finish, I have seen several makes in that shade new ones seem to be stoth? Storth? Something like that, other orders ones are all sort, I guess they have all gone bust over the years 

Storth

http://www.storthmachinery.co.uk

Malgar did one in a lighter blue to match their tankers and also seen a couple in green.. think the Howard ones would be like an oxford blue similar to a fordson E27n, fairly dark or close too, and then the Malgar ones were similar to an empire blue, and the green similar to Bailey trailer green.... 

I have seen a green proper size grain  Howard one to smithy, used to be on the way across to size well , not sure if is still there, only know about it as my uncle sold it way back when via a off spring of l e tuckwells at worlingworth, only one they sold as normally they were blue , some sort of planning issue I think  was the given reason ,he never really got going against perma store in eye so they shut it up and he went back to the fitting ect side of the company 

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I have seen a green proper size grain  Howard one to smithy, used to be on the way across to size well , not sure if is still there, only know about it as my uncle sold it way back when via a off spring of l e tuckwells at worlingworth, only one they sold as normally they were blue , some sort of planning issue I think  was the given reason ,he never really got going against perma store in eye so they shut it up and he went back to the fitting ect side of the company 

There used to be 2 green Howard grain stores on a farm just outside Needham Market but they was taken down by Peter Haylock I think , when he bought the farm he also used to make Haylock cultivators and subsoilers  . The farm next door to me had 4 big blue ones and 1 smaller blue one , 2 was for storing grass for the dairy herd and other 3 for grain to be fed to the pigs/cattle on farm the livestock have all been gone a few years now and only the older two towers still stand which have not been used for years now and they would have been taken down but he rents out the top of them for repeater aerials and other signal things as they are one of the highest things around here      

Archived