Will's farming pics

WillTEF20

But of a background about our farm. We're based on the north Wiltshire/ south Gloucestershire border farming about 450 acres of both beef and arable. We keep around 120 beef cattle that we buy as stores and take through to slaughter. Our arable rotation consists of, winter wheat, winter barley, OSR, Spring beans, Spring barley and grass leys. As well as our own in the past few years we have carried out contract OSR drilling with our cousins v-form with micro till legs, this has grown in popularity since we bought the machine and last year we carried out between 300-400 acres for other people. 

We run a fleet of 5 John Deere's (6920s, 7700, 6125r, 6800, 6400) along with a JCB 535-95 telehandler as well as 2 inters (hydro 84 and a 276) and I have a TEF20 the later three being retired from the main fleet. 

Being a relatively small family farm the last two summers I've worked elsewhere most recently for Dutchy Home Farms a 2000 acre mixed (arable, beef, dairy, sheep, pigs) owned by Prince Charles, where I have mainly carried out tractor work along with livestock duties! As well as working there I am actively involved on the home farm.

Enough about me here are some photos, apologies for lack of 'action' shoots usually try and snap some when I can! 

Any questions just fire away!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I echo Robbo there, your kit looks in excellent order. Is it a neighbour that does your combining ? What do you think of the 125r ? We have one with a loader on it, gutsy little tractor, but you have to give it some revs to get it moving with a load on it. I cart silage bales on ours. 23 high density 4 foot bales,on an artic trailer, pulls it really well. I have some pics somewhere, I will see if I can dig them out sometime. 

Archived