Lakeland model farm and construction show 2016

convo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Thanks for those pics David. Some interesting tractor convos on display there. Again Paul's line up of 1/16 machinery is superb . :)

Cheers Justin, it's not often that much of the collection gets out on a table.... ;)

Thanks for posting up pics David, :)  it's surprising that even though I was there all day there are bits in your photo's that I missed seeing, one that does stick in my mind but I don't think I've seen it in your photo's was a 1/50th scale truck conversion on Paul Wilsons table upstairs on his haulage yard display.... at first glance it looked like a T-cabbed (Bonneted) Scania tractor unit...But when you looked closer at it was a DAF.  I thought I'd got a pic of it but sadly I must not have done :-

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers Justin, it's not often that much of the collection gets out on a table.... ;)

Thanks for posting up pics David, :)  it's surprising that even though I was there all day there are bits in your photo's that I missed seeing, one that does stick in my mind but I don't think I've seen it in your photo's was a 1/50th scale truck conversion on Paul Wilsons table upstairs on his haulage yard display.... at first glance it looked like a T-cabbed (Bonneted) Scania tractor unit...But when you looked closer at it was a DAF.  I thought I'd got a pic of it but sadly I must not have done :-

Thanks ever so much Paul. Really nice to catch up, see your display, and chase around taking photos all day. Had a great time. :)

14 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Gutted not to have made the show this year, hopefully have a new dio ready for next. Thanks for sharing the photos David, looks like the show is going from strength to strength bustling with public.

You're very welcome James. Easily one of my favourite shows of the year. Such a great atmosphere. :)

well what a great turn out 600 adults  plus 185 children under 16 years and we still managed to raise just under the £1000 quid for click Sargent so they were very pleased and they supported the show this year ,

I great big thank you to all who attended I know some traveled along way ,I hope it was worth while and thanks again David for yet some more cracking pictures ,,

a big thank you to all who helped to promote the show on the run up ,,,as this is the bigger picture we need all everyone on board to make it happen

just  two points ,, next year we a losing part of the display hall as they are extending the for court ,,not the end of the world ,,but all I can say if you are attending next year get them entry form back as soon as possible and we will have to have a shuffle round  ,its the bit were you come in from the forecourt on the right hand side ,we losing a couple of feet ,,,not a problem we will sort this one way or another ,,

the other point and I have to get this off my chest ,,,we don't charge displays for there tables but we had two displays not turn up this year a total of 10 tables and more to the point not even to pick up the phone to say they not attending and I know we can not plan illness or forgetfulness but we turned away  both traders and displays who wanted this room this year ,,just a bit annoyed ..... how do we stop  this happening any ideas are welcome ??? tables are not cheep !

all in all it looked like a great show

thanks from peter & Sharon

2 hours ago, convo said:

well what a great turn out 600 adults  plus 185 children under 16 years and we still managed to raise just under the £1000 quid for click Sargent so they were very pleased and they supported the show this year ,

I great big thank you to all who attended I know some traveled along way ,I hope it was worth while and thanks again David for yet some more cracking pictures ,,

a big thank you to all who helped to promote the show on the run up ,,,as this is the bigger picture we need all everyone on board to make it happen

Thanks ever so much Peter. Had a brilliant time snapping away once again. Top show. :)

Archived