whats your latest farm/construction buy 2017

Tractorman810

12 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

thankyou everbody for your input,my marge 6610 has a clevis hitch,but the gap in height isnt tall enough to get the claas hitch in it,unless i lighty file the tractor hitch or the baler hitch,the 9 hole bar could be the way to go,i have it from the marge ford in its box,well i hope it is

i suppose a 125hp or 150hp tractor is to big for the claas markant baler? more like a 80 hp model

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/06/2017 at 11:39 AM, Paul Palmer said:

i suppose a 125hp or 150hp tractor is to big for the claas markant baler? more like a 80 hp model

We pull our welger with a 140 horse Deere, know of a farm that pulls one with a 6215R!! 

Been a while since I have had a chance to post some photos of my most recent purchases . Finally got a chance to get some photos of the last couple months purchases .

Ferguson TE20 and Fe35 set by U.H.

fullsizeoutput_5b9_zpsno9eaksf.jpegfullsizeoutput_58b_zpsrvjwf1qp.jpegfullsizeoutput_5ba_zpsrnjag6oc.jpegK

On 23 June 2017 at 11:03 PM, Paul Palmer said:

thankyou everbody for your input,my marge 6610 has a clevis hitch,but the gap in height isnt tall enough to get the claas hitch in it,unless i lighty file the tractor hitch or the baler hitch,the 9 hole bar could be the way to go,i have it from the marge ford in its box,well i hope it is

Are you running a Ford fleet now Paul? Just thought - and it's rather pricey - but would that little Schuco JD an ideal size for your Markant? If it fits the hitch of course

2 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Are you running a Ford fleet now Paul? Just thought - and it's rather pricey - but would that little Schuco JD an ideal size for your Markant? If it fits the hitch of course

Hi Joe,no,it was just trying to find one of my tractors to fit the baler,will check out the hitch on the 6400 Joe,thanks

On 26/6/2017 at 4:44 PM, Tractorman810 said:

Seen a mf124 baler  on a mf 1250 before , last tractor standing spare and rain on the way , as long as the pto speed is right the powers not a issue as such , our regular was either a 698t or a 699 

I seem to remember shear bolts being an issue when too many gee gees were put up front.

Guest tedroosevelt21

it was never recommended to hitch power driven driven implements clevis hitch to clevis hitch  for the reason of damaging the pro shaft it is in most pro driven machinery hand books.  chaats why one half of the clevis is removable on the tractor drawbar. but most skilled knowledgeable operators with years of experience would have known that.

but in the model world any thing goes as long as it looks about right

Guest tedroosevelt21

bad feeding  usually 99 per cent of shear bolt problems  a baler is a very balanced machine a big tractor wouldn't be running at full pro speed to operate a baler

Shear bolt fail is too much intake usually as already stated here. I run a Claas markant 65 on a Deere 6920 and it is the only implement that makes a puff of smoke come out of the exhaust on every baler rotation. High capacity balers with wider pick up reels do need some grunt up front. A neighbour of ours bought a lovely second hand Massey conventional baler a couple of years ago, from brocks in thaxted. They set about using it and in the first 3 hours they broke 10 shear bolts, it was when the baler actually flew to pieces and came to a crunching halt that they realised that the pto was in 1000 speed.

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

Shear bolt fail is too much intake usually as already stated here. I run a Claas markant 65 on a Deere 6920 and it is the only implement that makes a puff of smoke come out of the exhaust on every baler rotation. High capacity balers with wider pick up reels do need some grunt up front. A neighbour of ours bought a lovely second hand Massey conventional baler a couple of years ago, from brocks in thaxted. They set about using it and in the first 3 hours they broke 10 shear bolts, it was when the baler actually flew to pieces and came to a crunching halt that they realised that the pto was in 1000 speed.

Can't bring myself to like this post due to the last bit:'(

2 hours ago, tedroosevelt21 said:

what a careful operator ha ha 10 shear bolts to diagnose a fault  what a wally

Two brothers in their 60's Nick, they should have known better. They thought the new baler couldn't cope with the 12 foot swath from their Massey 27p.;D it was chucking bales out so fast the sledge couldn't keep up apparently.

Local contractor was told that their brand new NH would handle a whole bale going through it so being the idiots that they are, tried it, needless to say it made quite a mess. 

I couldn't count the times we have had trouble with the sledge being unable to keep up with the baler, without breaking any shearbolts I might add. I bet I haven't broken 10 in the 20 odd years I have been  baling. 

Archived