QUIVOGNE PLUTON

smithy

I have a half share in this second hand Pluton machine we bought it last week as I plan on using it to put in oilseed rape this coming season , going to mount a seeder on the back also plan on going though the winter bean stubbles instead of ploughing them  

20170128_152159.jpg

20170128_152223.jpg

20170128_152256.jpg

20170128_152309.jpg

20170128_152334.jpg

8 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Very nice smithy. Will you have enough HP on the front though mate? 

Maybe it's an Irish Spec MXU135. That FPT 6.7 Litre engine can go all the way to 250hp. Probably need bigger boots and some ballast though.

2 hours ago, SPN said:

Maybe it's an Irish Spec MXU135. That FPT 6.7 Litre engine can go all the way to 250hp. Probably need bigger boots and some ballast though.

Your probably right Stan. A mate of mine had a demo of one a few years ago and had it on a jd 6920. On stiff ground it didn't like it. He couldn't get enough forward speed at a reasonable working depth to make the discs effective. 

17 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Very nice smithy. Will you have enough HP on the front though mate? 

The tractor it is on in the picture might just have the hp but plan on using it on the 155 McCormick as that have 163 horses under the bonnet  but as I have the hedge cutter on that one at the moment I had to move it with the mxu my mate has a Deutz not sure of the model but it is over 170hp . In the brochure it say you need 50hp per m so as it is 2.7m 130hp should do it but as we now some fields can be tough  

16 hours ago, MadMark said:

Been spending your pocket money again smithy;)  Have you tried it out yet?

Yes Mark that is all my Christmas money gone which friends gave me to buy models with but ha ho I bought the real machine :) no have not tried it out yet as its to wet at moment but come March if it is a dry spell might just have a quick play on some ploughed ground before we put in spring barley otherwise it will be August on some stubbles

14 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I bet she will know that's on the back in Suffolk clay mate , is this the item you were looking at just before your car accident then ?

Yes Sean it is I now Chris told me not to buy it as quote it will fall to bits mate , we thought long and hard over the Christmas break and went to the local dealer at Copdock  that sells them new and picked his brains on it and then went back to the dealer selling it and made a offer and to are surprise they exempted ,you don't find many of these machines second hand at the moment we had been looking for one since last July/August there is loads of SUMO machines on the market but they take more hp to pull per m .Yes some of my Suffolk clay will give it a good test and we may struggle but as we now every year is different and if we get in the stubbles as soon after harvest as we can hopefully there will be some moisture in the land to help     

14 hours ago, whincebros said:

Could you post some pics of what sort of finish it leaves please? Also how many horses will it need...? 

I will get some pictures if I do use it on some ploughed ground this spring but as it is really designed to go straight into stubble I might not get pictures till July/August , the 2.7m needs 130hp and the 3.00m needs 150hp so 50hp per m . You do need plenty of weight on front of tractor as the packer roller is very heavy to help hold it in the ground but as its right on the rear you do need that front weight   

9 hours ago, SPN said:

Don't think mine is the Irish spec  but on pto work mine is boosted up to about 160hp ,so I am told . mine has got decent size boots but you are right on the ballast  

On 03/02/2017 at 1:08 AM, smithy said:

Don't think mine is the Irish spec  but on pto work mine is boosted up to about 160hp ,so I am told . mine has got decent size boots but you are right on the ballast  

You could always hire this. IMG_1060.thumb.JPG.e4de37f383abbee99cd937a75033d6d7.JPGIMG_1061.thumb.JPG.8fd500ff76364550f807f341c0ef7083.JPG

On 3 February 2017 at 0:46 AM, smithy said:

Yes Sean it is I now Chris told me not to buy it as quote it will fall to bits mate , we thought long and hard over the Christmas break and went to the local dealer at Copdock  that sells them new and picked his brains on it and then went back to the dealer selling it and made a offer and to are surprise they exempted ,you don't find many of these machines second hand at the moment we had been looking for one since last July/August there is loads of SUMO machines on the market but they take more hp to pull per m .Yes some of my Suffolk clay will give it a good test and we may struggle but as we now every year is different and if we get in the stubbles as soon after harvest as we can hopefully there will be some moisture in the land to help     

It won't fall to bits mate, what I meant was the run of bad luck you were having meaning it wasn't a good time to buy anything. It's called the "Jonah" effect. ;D we have looked at a quivogne Saturn in the past, bit more suited to our horsepower.

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, chris.watson said:

It won't fall to bits mate, what I meant was the run of bad luck you were having meaning it wasn't a good time to buy anything. It's called the "Jonah" effect. ;D we have looked at a quivogne Saturn in the past, bit more suited to our horsepower.

Not heard of that saying before Chris anyway it is a strongly built machine and heavy with the packer hanging that far out the back will see how we get on with it

Archived