What really annoyed you today

we had the same with insurance ..they are willing to take but not give..t.ats

I had a similar shunt but with a totally different outcome. 

It was caused by an unidentified driver who was in a dedicated right turn lane at the lights but cut to the left as the lights changed and zoomed off.  Car in front of me slammed on his brakes as we were pulling away and my car slid on a greasy road and hit him. 

The other car had a fold in the nearside wing and a broken rear light while I had a bonnet seriously bent and my bumper was trashed - £400+ for me (and this was in the 80's!)

The driver of the car I hit was more concerned that I was ok rather than worrying about the damage to his car;  the assessor confirmed it was a low speed shunt but and both insurance companies agreed it was the fault of the idiot driver who vanished. They paid their own client's costs.  Neither of us lost our no-claims discount.

I hasten to add that there was an independent witness who gave both of us his address and telephone number. 

my wife had a shunt with another car yesterday morning, it was in slow moving traffic, paint chip about the size of a pea on my car, other car a corsa has a cracked back bumper (about 3inch crack), other driver didnt even know she had been hit until laurie got out of the car, then she treid to say her kid was crying her eyes out and had hurt her back, utter rubbish as the kid was looking round as not bothered at all. went to speak to the other driver last night to say i would pay for it rather than go through the insurance and she will not do it, says it must be done through insurance. now i have to pay £500 excess, loose 10 years no claims and policy goes up by £300, she already has had the car assessed and it is booked in, laurie phoned up the bodyshop and they told her the quote £950 for a bumper. their having a f&*^en laugh. tried phoning my insurance about it but after half an hour of being transfered through departments and still not speaking to anyone who could speak english i'd had enough.

Similar for me but role reversal. New driver hit the back of my parked car in a 30mph limit. Her dad offered to pay for the damage (rear bumper) but I don't have the time to shop around for quotes for his benefit so I put it through the insurance. I know it will mess her premiums up but it was her fault without question.

Sounds like the third party in your case is purely out to pull a fast one, Andy and that is just not on at all.

what i dont understand is at 8am she didnt know who she was insured with, and said she would phone back before she did anything, she was at work all day but by 5.30 he insurance was sorting it out, the assessor had looked at it, as had the bodyshop and its booked in in 3 weeks for the repair, sounds fishy to me, wouldnt be surprised if she had a friend at the garage. with all the floods over the weekend all the bodyshops laurie called said they wouldnt be able to look at it for weeks, and somehow i cant see the assessor being out as quick as that. bodyshop is the most expensive in aberdeenshire, i spoke to another this mornin and he reconed £400 cheeper and that was allowing a lot for painting of the bumper.

Well yesterday when I could not copy photos from camera to PC via USD cable. Got them copied direct to PC via memory card but now the camera is not charging so there must be a broken link in the USB cable since no red or green light coming on >:(

Will only be able to take photos until camera battery dies or until my new USB cable arrives which I ordered from Amazon today.