What really annoyed you today

The company I buy my 1:32 hedges from deciding to make them 2 inches shorter and then charge the same price without telling me >:( So, very sorry, but once I've finished up my stock I'll only be selling the Peco bushy hedges cos I don't believe my customers should pay the same price for a lesser product >:(

A bang from the washing machine and went to the utility room to find it dead with no lights on. Pulled it out and replaced the fuse. Switched back on and two electrical bangs and smell from the bottom of the machine.

Just a week under two years old which hasn't lasted well at all.

No prizes for quessing what I off to do this morning :-\ :-\

week under two years old bill, thats very poor, must be a costco special  ;);D ;D ;D ;D , i have had my indiset for 10 years now, usally on everyother  day,or 3 or 4 times on a saturday  still going strong,

for me, woke this morning to find my ankles got bigger, very painful so currently laid up on the sofa, foot in the air, got loads to do but right now i can't really put any weight on it, shes poped into town then it sounds likea  trip to casulaty for me on her instructions as shes never seen one this bad even through all the netball games she splayed and its a common accident in that sport

for me, woke this morning to find my ankles got bigger, very painful so currently laid up on the sofa, foot in the air, got loads to do but right now i can't really put any weight on it, shes poped into town then it sounds likea  trip to casulaty for me on her instructions as shes never seen one this bad even through all the netball games she splayed and its a common accident in that sport

Grief, I hope you're feeling better soon, hun. Take it easy for a day or two

Don't blame you for being hardlined, Mandy. It's a cheap trick tn play is that. Did they give any explanation or did you only find out when an order was delivered?

No, and that's what annoyed me more than anything. They just sent my order as usual and then said 'sorry, but they've changed the specs', so why didn't it say that on their website. Grrrrrrrrr >:( I wouldn't dream of sending a different product out to my customers without checking with them first.

week under two years old bill, thats very poor, must be a costco special  ;);D ;D ;D ;D , i have had my indiset for 10 years now, usally on everyother  day,or 3 or 4 times on a saturday  still going strong,

Well it was a Costcos one Sean right enough but must have been a 5 o' clock Friday one made by Hotpoint. Its predecessor was a Hotpoint too and it lasted around 8 years. Anyway can't do with out one but I'd think twice about buying Hotpoint again.

Don't know where Hotpoint went so wrong. Dads is twenty years old. Ok so it has had new brushes and a new wieght in that time but all in all it's a good old tool.

Why replace it though, Bill? Did warranty cover it? I'm sure a loss dosh could have fixed it, no?

Don't know where Hotpoint went so wrong. Dads is twenty years old. Ok so it has had new brushes and a new wieght in that time but all in all it's a good old tool.

Why replace it though, Bill? Did warranty cover it? I'm sure a loss dosh could have fixed it, no?

Well it had a 5 years parts warranty Tris had I registered it and well I can't really remember. It was only £ 281.98 and although 5 year parts I heard a call out can be minimum of £ 80 plus time so I thought sod it I'll just buy a new one, And today a Hoover PTMA OPHS712DF was the same price at £ 281.98 but being an executive member I get a discount in the future of 2% net of VAT which is £ 4.79 so in effect the net cost to me is £ 277.19. I really can't do without a machine and can really be be bothered with the hassle of taking time off work to wait in for an engineer to come. A bit annoying but such is life at times...cut ones losses and move on ;) ;)

All our major kitchen appliances are Hotpoint and all over 5 years old, they are all made in england as it says so on the front. Fridgefrezzer,dishwasher,washing machine and oven and hob. None have really been any trouble the washing machine (on at least twice a day)  had a new door seal and the pump stopped on the dishwasher but when the engineer stripped it it had all plastic stuck in it from when my wifes idiot sister had loaded the machine with plates covered in the stuff. Even our central heating boiler has not been any bother (Ravenheat) made in England, thats 6 years old, not missed a beat unlike my friends Vailiant which at around 2 years old has been a constant pain, I could go on about my Rover cars and most of the furniture in my house but I wont bore you, I will just say I think it pays to buy British. Incidently my wife used to work in Bosch addmin and most of the people there wouldn't have a bosch appliance in the house.

The company I buy my 1:32 hedges from deciding to make them 2 inches shorter and then charge the same price without telling me >:( So, very sorry, but once I've finished up my stock I'll only be selling the Peco bushy hedges cos I don't believe my customers should pay the same price for a lesser product >:(

is that the hedges im after mandy?

Getting an email from our our HRD aka Human Remains department saying that headcount is being cut by an expected  67 people and our department is one of the targeted support services together with three product lines that are not meeting targets.

Not good Bill, does that mean that your job might be at risk? I have always thought that if I was the boss then the first place that I would look to cut jobs would be in Human Resources, they seem to do the least productive work within any company. :( :(

Not good Bill, does that mean that your job might be at risk? I have always thought that if I was the boss then the first place that I would look to cut jobs would be in Human Resources, they seem to do the least productive work within any company. :( :(

Oh yes I could well be at risk Mike just like all the others in the company...will just have to wait and see. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Well I agree on the human remains department but IT is an area that needs addressing in our company too.

I was talking to a chap who is in procurement and is from Stornoway. He was telling me the story of how many years ago the big boss of the company he worked for took them all in for a team building talk. The company was in a big of a mess and he likened it to a barn that was in a total mess. He then said how would you go about cleaning up this messed up barn ??? ???

Ewen stuck up his hand and in his quaint island accent said well when I clean out a barn I always start in the loft ;D ;D ;D ;D

An absolute classic comment and I think some of the chopping should be from our management team ;) ;)

I had the same problem when an emission control light came on i had to wait nearly two weeks before the main Audi dealer would take it in under warranty. Now its out of warranty but I can go to the local garage just 5 minutes down the road with any appointment and "bangers" as we call him would check it out with his computer there and then. Now I'm out of warranty I don't want to have to do this though.