What really annoyed you today

yes they might be in stock but which branch,as you said, if not in your branch what nearest branch,in this day and age you have to check yourself sean,no good just hoping,its allways somebody elses fault nowadays

Edited by paulali

When I ordered they had 45 in branch Paul saw them as I drove out . All unasigned hence why I ordered , one of the questions that the guy couldn't answer when I asked , smacks to me as if they forgot my order ,

Either way given they had a week they could have easily moved them from other branches anyway , same as many company's do

well travis perkins didn't ring before 9.30 as promised, I rang them at 11.30, always give a little extra seeing as its Monday and busy, so following a rather short ,non swearing call, in which went past the assistant guy I was dealing with , I spoke to the manager ,explained it all and gave him a 20 min deadline to ring me back with a result. after 15 minutes he did, where he reviled that as suspected they had actually sold my allocation of sleepers to someone else and didn't realise until Saturday morning, and as of that moment the assistant manager was on the phone getting the Bristol ones sorted (which he was ment to do first thing so they may have gone followed by a lot of apologies again ) to which I managed not to loose it and told him to prepare for some serious mails and calls to head office if they had . took him 3 minutes tops to confirm they are allocated, and booked on the overnight delivery wagon to go via ? and be delivered to them for Friday morning ,sadly I cant get them Friday as the wagons are fully booked delivery wise  ,but they will be with me first thing Saturday, time will tell I guess, but for the agro I do have a 15% discount on the order ,which went into the bank tonight , if they don't arrive something tells me they have got the message now,

just wish company would be more honest with what's happened, inc mine, as is suspect 99% of people would be much more understanding with delays if they knew the truth  

Rang the motor dealer yesterday morning to confirm I could collect my new car around 11.30 after visiting the dentist.  Girl said it would be OK but the salesman woiuld ring if it was not.

Arrived at the dealers; parked my car in their car park and walked around the corner to the dentist.  Returned at 11:30ish to find my car neatly blocked in but so what!  I would not be driving it out again. How wrong can one be?  I wated 20 minutes in the showroom and the salesman (not the one I had been dealing with) came over with "how can I help you?"  So I said I had come to collect my car.

"What new car?"

"The one I arranged to collect today"

"We do not have any new car"

Telephone call to the salesman (actually the Manager) who was at their other dealership in town as their own broadband had failed last week and he was doing his paperwork.

[Multiple Expletives deleted] 

My new car was still at the Basingstoke dealership and still unregistered.  The girl who said "Yes it is ok to collect" was nowhere to be seen and the salesman never had the message so could not call me.

My car (blocked in by a mechanic who had seen me park and walk off the premises on the way to the dentist) was duly unblocked and I drove back home.  The salesman called me later to say  that the new car, with a full tank of fuel, will be ready for me 10:00am Thursday.

Here's hoping

• Like 1

Today's job was to drive from leicester (where I live) to Lowestoft to rip out four air con units and a chiller unit out of an old thorntons shop to find out after a painful 4 hour drive (bloody road works!!) then spend half hour finding the job only to receive a call that we carnt get in the shop and that the work carnt be carried out as there are no shop fitters on site to then be told to drive all the way back again. Suppose it wasn't to bad least I got a fry up at whetherspoons and a trip to the seaside!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Some [unmentionable name] has got hold of my debit card details.  Fortunately I have internet banking and found two transactions pending that I have not authorised. My bank lists all pending transactions  separate;y thank goodnessand I generally check them.. They were very tiny amounts of 10p each - and would be easy to miss on a full statement .  The very helpful lady at the bank said they looked like test transactions to see whether the card is valid.  Hmm -payee unknown to me and I did not agree to buy anything last Thursday!  According to Google the payee is a theatre ticket business and I have certainly not booked tickets for the theatre.

Card now cancelled and I shall have to wait for a new one.

On the same topic - my local pet shop owner told me his "cardholder not present" card validation does not ask for the security number.  Instead it checks on postcode and address. Thinking about it there is nothing to stop a stolen card being used over the telephone when the security code is printed on the back!

Got  bad back trouble  yet again  today  >:(  the price  ive paid for 20 years in farming  -- so im in a real bad moon &  Mrs 590 not too happy with me mooning about it or talking tractors ha ha! ::)  ::)  ::)

Got  bad back trouble  yet again  today  >:(  the price  ive paid for 20 years in farming  -- so im in a real bad moon &  Mrs 590 not too happy with me mooning about it or talking tractors ha ha! ::)  ::)  ::)

aye you don't get any medals for grafting hard, just niggling little pains :-

And I'm worried about my back now at only 33, not good to hear Jon.

Hi Bad backs , never told me that on the 1st day of work at tha farm ha ha! but not , was in me early 30s when it started nothing to do with unloading empty 1 ton spud boxs of the back of trailer by hand & i mean My hands the boss was always never there -- think re plyed with wear a longer shirt to stop the cold .. thats the trouble not the boxs -- You young lads got it easy with them fancy flt & box tripplers of today me thinking !!!!!

Edited by 590

• 1 month later...

it is very difficult Chris,im lucky that painting and decorating in the week and any weekend that i can get i go on the farm

Are they quite flexible then Paul? What if the weather is good during the week and crap at weekends?

Are they quite flexible then Paul? What if the weather is good during the week and crap at weekends?

they are very good,they know that the decorating is fulltime,but i will get a call sometimes asking me to work full weeks,so i ask my painting boss if we are quiet,if we are then i go to the farm,but it really is in busy times,harvest etc,i work for the farm march to the end of may,then july to october,weekends

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a car at a local garage a couple of months ago, had it in mind that I would swap my current car. Got harvest out of the way so went for a look on Thursday, great car what I wanted good spec etc. Had a busy weekend drilling so left it, ring up today thinking I'd go and probably get it, sold it yesterday, ruddy thing had been sat there for at least a month and it gets sold over the weekend when I'm interested.

I don't know about anyone else, but I get really annoyed by youtube videos of farming tack that have crappy synthesizer soundtracks instead of being able to hear the proper grunt of the machine!

totally agree.... ' have commented on ANY music over the sound of the machines before on more than one occassion!.... and as many of you know with my own Radio Show, I love music!!

• 2 weeks later...

The last screw attaching my uh County to it's base, why is the last one always done up the tightest  ::)

It is THAT law taking effect.  Hopefully the screw is a normal chisel or star point and not one of those triangular things that need a special screwdriver in which case you are stuck if the screwdriver goes walkies like mine did! THAT law says it goes missing just when you need it most.

The Law of S*D strikes again >:D

Edited by Leakeyvale
  • Like 1