What really annoyed you today

Thats the annoying bit, it would have, in fact if it wasn't for the Single Farm Payment we would have to stop growing potatoes altogether as we couldn't afford to grow them for the price they are making at the moment given the amount of work that goes into them

Call the UN office in London I bet that island Haiti could use them!!

By boss gave me the year on year costings for my 6920s..........lets just say the this service year doesn't end till April and its frightening, if it doesn't get any better it'll be out the gate as the farm can't keep paying out like they have been for it :of :of :of :of

By boss gave me the year on year costings for my 6920s..........lets just say the this service year doesn't end till April and its frightening, if it doesn't get any better it'll be out the gate as the farm can't keep paying out like they have been for it :of :of :of :of

dont sound good gav

but why should you be out the door because the previous driver was crap and that it was built that tractor on a friday  ::) ::)

How the hell does it cost £900 for an alternator Gav,.......does it contain solid gold parts or something like that............ ???

Thats exactly what we want to know, the old one burnt itself out baling harvest time, dealer came out and fitted a new one taking about 60 mins, bill was just short of £900. Thats one of the more shocking bills for the tractor since last April

Thats exactly what we want to know, the old one burnt itself out baling harvest time, dealer came out and fitted a new one taking about 60 mins, bill was just short of £900. Thats one of the more shocking bills for the tractor since last April

Sounds to me like you need to go over the dealers head here and get on to Langar. That is madness!

How the hell does it cost £900 for an alternator Gav,.......does it contain solid gold parts or something like that............ ???

New Holland wanted £700 for a twenty year old TX34 alternator, mind!  :of

Get it gone Gav..... 7480. . ... ..  7840 more like!! 8) 8) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dont want to start an argument but the higher the amp output of the alternator, I.E 150amp most common these days on mf the higher the price. Even i have heard of mf customers refusing to pay the sort of money, the stores are charging and getting them repaired. Some say diode pack in rear of alternator fails guy sourced one for a £5 fitted it himself saved a few hundred quid. You will find that todays tractors with all there computers and lights, will already be nearing the limit of the alternator output. Without power hungry control boxes and and cameras, lights etc fitted onto implements. But i also think that these mass produced items are expensive. Here's an example a machine i know of no names but it aint a massey three fuel filters two at £49 each and one long water seperator one a whopping £203 through the manufacturer. I wouldn't even buy the machine knowing that , I aint kidding you either. But il find out what the massey 150amp alternator costs.

no no no. jd 7530 will suit him well  ;)

Never!!!!!!!! No more new John Deere tractors will come onto the fleet after the 6920s, there's too many horror stories locally, particularly relating to the 7530. It will be a Claas, MF or Case/NH when we change it

We'll see Sean, Claas would always be my favourite no matter what but would certainly try others out. Just have to see what happens as in many ways we aren't keen to change a tractor thats only done 4500hrs, its the reliability which may force our hand

downloaded an update for windows 7 home premium, as recommended... and my laptop has crashed every 10 mins for the last 6 hours really ******* me off! i want to throw it out of the window! i have no clue what is going on! ughhhhhh

alex