Zwolle Show 2017

robbo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I will certainly be going in 2019 but, like Sean, I have too much on the go this year so sadly I have to miss it. Shame as it is my favourite show and I always find a rarity or two.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, turbo22 said:

Never been to this show. Anyone any travel tips on getting there and where to stay. 

That depends on where you are travelling from. Me, Sean and David used to meet up at Ashford Travelodge and then go through the Eurotunnel on the Friday morning. That is then a 250 mile drive across France, Belgium and Holland. It is good roads and dual carriageway all the way but it does take around 5 hours.

The other way might be to go on a ferry to Rotterdam or Amsterdam, that costs slightly more and it is usually an overnight sailing but it cuts down the driving and fuel costs, Andy and his Dad do it that way and, as and when I go again, that is how I will do it.

Some of the Scottish lads have flown there before now but, depending on how much you buy there is then a luggage allowance to bring things home.

Most of us try to stay in the Hotel Lumen but there is also a Campanile that some others use, I think that is where Smithy and Martyn stay but I might be wrong.

Whichever way you choose, you will be gobsmacked at the size and choice at this show and I would say that everyone should go at least once

2 hours ago, turbo22 said:

Thanks for that. Don’t fancy the drive really. Might look into the flying route. 

When I went, all those years ago, I flew into Amsterdam Schipol on the Friday, then got a train to Amsterdam Central Train Station.

I got an hotel in Amsterdam City Centre.

On the morning of the show I got a train from Amsterdam Central to Zwolle. This is a regular service, I think it was hourly. Some trains go straight to Zwolle. Others require a change about half way. I think the train journey was about two hours each way. Might have been less.

The show is a five minute walk from the Zwolle train station. Out the gate, turn left, and keep walking for four or five minutes.

As Mike said, this show is a humdinger, and every collector should go there at least once.

17 hours ago, turbo22 said:

Thanks for that. Don’t fancy the drive really. Might look into the flying route. 

I Have been going with the wife or a very good mate Tony now for 5 years,always drive, and always stay at the Mercure with David King and his lovely wife, It's a must go to for Model collectors and Brochure Enthusiasts like me, not to mention the fun we have taking the pxxx with Smithy and Marty, and catching up with other UK  travellers  It's very similar to Chartres in France but for us Zwolle  just tops it as English is spoken more and It's over two days. Just remember it maybe the last year we all get to go with all the doom crap that's being banded around.

Ps the drive is not that bad if you enjoy getting up early, like driving, and don't mind the Tunnel but believe me it's well worth it.  

15 hours ago, SPN said:

When I went, all those years ago, I flew into Amsterdam Schipol on the Friday, then got a train to Amsterdam Central Train Station.

I got an hotel in Amsterdam City Centre.

On the morning of the show I got a train from Amsterdam Central to Zwolle. This is a regular service, I think it was hourly. Some trains go straight to Zwolle. Others require a change about half way. I think the train journey was about two hours each way. Might have been less.

The show is a five minute walk from the Zwolle train station. Out the gate, turn left, and keep walking for four or five minutes.

As Mike said, this show is a humdinger, and every collector should go there at least once.

That very good information you have thank very much for sharing it 

22 hours ago, Goodiestractor said:

I Have been going with the wife or a very good mate Tony now for 5 years,always drive, and always stay at the Mercure with David King and his lovely wife, It's a must go to for Model collectors and Brochure Enthusiasts like me, not to mention the fun we have taking the pxxx with Smithy and Marty, and catching up with other UK  travellers  It's very similar to Chartres in France but for us Zwolle  just tops it as English is spoken more and It's over two days. Just remember it maybe the last year we all get to go with all the doom crap that's being banded around.

Ps the drive is not that bad if you enjoy getting up early, like driving, and don't mind the Tunnel but believe me it's well worth it.  

Thanks. Keep saying I’m going to go but haven’t got there yet

Archived