The Tractor Twitcher's Older Photographs - Updates From Page 11.

The Tractor Twitcher

10 minutes ago, dm434 said:

loving these pics of these old internationals , that 4wd 444 is a rare little beast , would like to own one but you never see them for sale

Thanks ever so much David. That 4wd 444 is a copy of the one Roadless put together. It was built by a chap called Graham Ellicot. :)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other thing that always strikes me about Internationals is how few of the World Wide Series are still around. There are loads of 856, 956 and the larger ones but very few 574/674 still left

10 minutes ago, robbo said:

The other thing that always strikes me about Internationals is how few of the World Wide Series are still around. There are loads of 856, 956 and the larger ones but very few 574/674 still left

Not up our way Robbo, there's hundreds of the little devils about up here, we still have a 454, a 475 and a 674, very under-rated tractors in my opinion:)

13 minutes ago, robbo said:

possibly the build quality  on some of the 74 and 84 series  not up to scratch to others of that era , you can find some exceptional examples that have been cared for 

45 minutes ago, walterderwent said:

Thanks ever so much David. That 4wd 444 is a copy of the one Roadless put together. It was built by a chap called Graham Ellicot. :)

dam good copy indeed 

19 minutes ago, robbo said:

I used to use a 674 for livestock duties and loader work and its never missed a day tho you had to remember the hand braked was goosed, it was replaced by a784 which had a steering box like a box of marbles - all over the place, my brother had a 674 to use at his work place and it was a total pig , poor starter n leaked more oil than a sieve, I think it were perhaps a Monday morning built machine 

To be honest David, the handbrake was crap from day one, finding a 74 series with a working handbrake is a rare occurrence. Our 475 still works (just) but you wouldn't trust it to hold anything more than the tractor itself!:D

Thanks ever so much John. Likewise still enjoy seeing the older 800 series JCB excavators. My Dad operated a good few over the years along with the later Sumitomo based machines. :)

Will look forward to seeing your 808 when you get around to building it. :)

Archived