my tractor

Cameron

Hey SPN

You're a lucky chap not to have had to drive one :)

That model probably had the classic 16x4 constant mesh box with middle of the floor gearchange and dual power.

Actually not a bad tractor, just the cab is not the same level as a SQ. Trouble is if that cab was green I'd say it was great  :D

I did drive a 6610LP (83 model) with two levered column shift and found that great with a loader. The floor change version gives the impression of a 5000 with a quite cab or in the case of a 4610 it's a Q-cabbed 4000!

I love that 8x4 gearbox. Once you learn how to crash the gears it is a gem.

(Note to the unwary: To change down the gears with a full silage trailer behind you need three hands. One on the throttle - to marry the revs, one on the gear lever - trying to pop her into gear, and the third one to steer with. If you are really proficient, you can steer her with the steering brakes.

Blimey thats a tidy 4610 for it's age! A credit to its former owner for certain, they must have polished it every week and kept it indoors all the time. I take it that its been a local tractor all its life then has it Cameron? Should give you years of reliable service if you look after it well

yea  the farmer we bought it off lives in our village, he abselutly loved it, he always kept it under cover and always checked on it      it was only early this year that he thought he was to old to carry on farming and decided to sell it, he really didnt want to get rid of it :D

dorset council used to have 5610's + AP cabs with loaders for yard work & were kept very clean & original ,as most were only used for loading road salt  i once looked at  an H reg, low hours, scrubed tyres though would have gone for it ,but i needed  a 4wd.

dorset council used to have 5610's + AP cabs with loaders for yard work & were kept very clean & original ,as most were only used for loading road salt  i once looked at  an H reg, low hours, scrubed tyres though would have gone for it ,but i needed  a 4wd.

the mod down here had some on grass tyres for there playing fields until a short time ago,all in spot on condition ,in yellow,along with a few 3600 with bobble cabs in yellow to,now they have a couple of small jq's of all things

thanks NewHolland2

how much would you say it is worth? (no i'm not selling it :))

we bought it for ?5,000, would that be about right

Lucky bugger, my spending budget is about ?2,000 for tractors to buy, tidy up and sell on.