Ford 100 - South East Ireland Ford 6 Cylinder Club Gathering

SPN

Our local Ford / New Holland Dealer hosted the Ford 100 Gathering for the South East Ireland Ford 6 Cylinder Club today.

115 tractors in total, ranging from a 1920 Fordson to a 2017 New Holland T7.

I reckon the 6X 2000 and 3000 on the left of this picture would have been among the first Ford tractors sold at this dealership

IMG_6972.JPG

Great stuff SPN . I was planning on going ,but I was feeling alittle under the weather . Brother went alright with a few of his buddy's & said it was a good turnout . Did the little 4600 go on the dyno & knock it's full 62HP??? :D

I was delighted to see this little lady. It is one of the County 774s used by ESB Networks in the 1980s for a major electricity grid upgrade. I wondered if any of them had been saved for preservation. Great to see that at least one of them has been saved.

IMG_7013.thumb.JPG.227241b5121311df5cb5c145b4476cbc.JPG

IMG_7015.JPG

37 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

That 7400 is a rare one . As rare as the are ..I don't think they were offered with the Q cab  back then .Any that had a cab were usually a Friz .. What do you reccon Stan ?? 

Way back in the auld Gods' time, I remember an ad in the Farmers Journal, every week, for the 7400. They were imported by a dealer up in County Louth, if memory serves. Could it have been Armstrongs?

Like you, my recollection is that they had Fritz cabs, but when I saw that one yesterday I began to wonder if I misremembered and if they had actually had Q cabs.

Have you any old Farmers Journals from the late 70s, early 80s knocking about?

2 hours ago, SPN said:

Way back in the auld Gods' time, I remember an ad in the Farmers Journal, every week, for the 7400. They were imported by a dealer up in County Louth, if memory serves. Could it have been Armstrongs?

Like you, my recollection is that they had Fritz cabs, but when I saw that one yesterday I began to wonder if I misremembered and if they had actually had Q cabs.

Have you any old Farmers Journals from the late 70s, early 80s knocking about?

No then . I remember a contractor local around the Coachford area . Dennehys who are now County Wide Drain services ..(.no longer agri contracting ) having a 7400 Fritz on a NH chopper  ,backed up by a fleet of 7600s carting back in the late 80's before they flogged all the silage gear & went Tank & drain cleaning with a small fleet of MB Trac 1100s & a Gen 1 7610 AP cab on Hi Spec tankers ..Don't know were they sourced that 7400 ..!!

20 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Did the cab look to be original and no chance t'was was a transplant? 

I can't see any giveaways for it being a transplant.

But doing a transplant is not a straightforward job. I remember a friend of mine looked at upgrading a FIECO cabbed 7600 to a Q cab and it ended up being too much trouble. He upgraded to a Fritz cab instead. I recall it was the clutch and brake pedals that were the biggest headache.

That suprises me, I'd have thought it would be almost a straight swap providing you had all the linkages etc with the q cab. There is a pic in a ford book I have with a 6cyl major conversion with q cab and 7a bonnet and nosecone. 

Archived