LAMMA 2018

The Tractor Twitcher

3 minutes ago, b_emmons said:

Great photo's David :)

Why was the show cancelled?

Thanks Brian, appreciated. :) They took the decision to cancel the second and final day on the grounds of health and safety because of over night damage to some of the stands caused by strong winds. This was the last time the show was being held at Peterborough before moving indoors to the NEC next year.

1 minute ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Thanks Brian, appreciated. :) They took the decision to cancel the second and final day on the grounds of health and safety because of over night damage to some of the stands caused by strong winds. This was the last time the show was being held at Peterborough before moving indoors to the NEC next year.

just found it on the web, I hope to visit the show when it moves to the NEC as I live on the south coast

1 minute ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

What did you reckon to it mate ? Impressing machines on offer 

Very enjoyable day, and great to see a lot of new kit making it's UK public debut. Highlight for me was seeing the methane concept tractor from New Holland. :)

5 minutes ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Very enjoyable day, and great to see a lot of new kit making it's UK public debut. Highlight for me was seeing the methane concept tractor from New Holland. :)

Oh right I wasn’t aware they were making a methane New Holland. Not sure how that would fair... I’m sure there’s a huge amount of research gone into making that a suitable machine for heavy farm use.  Glad you had a good day mate 

Just now, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Oh right I wasn’t aware they were making a methane New Holland. Not sure how that would fair... I’m sure there’s a huge amount of research gone into making that a suitable machine for heavy farm use.  Glad you had a good day mate 

It's still just an experimental concept they keep revisiting, not the first one they have produced in recent years, interesting none the less. Thanks, glad I picked the wednesday to attend. :)

ooo i aint to sure about the look of them new s line masseys, not sure why, but the front end just doesnt look right to me , bit cheap and nasty looking. need to see one in the flesh 

some great pics there mate, shame the second day got cancled, afterall all them farmers sat outside waiting,sure they and some baler twine could have sorted it all out in an hour:D:D 

24 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

ooo i aint to sure about the look of them new s line masseys, not sure why, but the front end just doesnt look right to me , bit cheap and nasty looking. need to see one in the flesh 

some great pics there mate, shame the second day got cancled, afterall all them farmers sat outside waiting,sure they and some baler twine could have sorted it all out in an hour:D:D 

Thanks ever so much mate. A few people said that about the styling of the new MF tractors. I quite like them, but maybe that's because i've seen them to photograph up close. The timing of the decision to cancel certainly caused controversy and a lot of chaos....I think the bacon butty van man in the lay-by just down the road from the main entrance hit the jackpot though. :D:D  

6 minutes ago, jmd said:

thanks for posting pictures up david and showing us what we missed we were some of the unlucky ones that went on thursday only to find out when we got there it was cancelled:(

Thanks ever so much John, you're very welcome. :) Very fortunately wednesday was the only day out of the two I could attend, can't have been a good situation to get caught up in. 

3 minutes ago, Fenside MF said:

I wasn't  aware New Holland were marketing there mowers in the u.k now.

Thanks for posting up photos David ,shiny new tractors do look impressive :ph34r:

.....and ploughs too from what were Kongskilde. :) Lely round balers in MF and Fendt colours too there. You're very welcome Jamie, some of the tractors really stood out all polished up. :)

Thanks David.

Some cracking pics there.

Just hoping someone will do a 1:32 model of the Methane Newfie.

I've a T7050, T7.210 and T7.225 on my carpet farm as will need replacing in 2020.

A 150-180hp Methane model would do the trick nicely.

9 hours ago, SPN said:

Thanks David.

Some cracking pics there.

Just hoping someone will do a 1:32 model of the Methane Newfie.

I've a T7050, T7.210 and T7.225 on my carpet farm as will need replacing in 2020.

A 150-180hp Methane model would do the trick nicely.

Thanks ever so much Stan, you're very welcome. :)

Archived