Case IH 685 L cab

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Thanks Alastair, to be honest it wasn't too bad, just fiddley to put together, but then maybe that's more to do with my eyes and fingers!:D I've several models sat in different stages of completion and i would like the majority of them finished so that i can have a big spraying session, but whether that all happens or not remains to be seen. ;)For a good while now I've wanted to do a baling diorama of the gear we used when i was younger. This was made up of a 2wd Ford 4610 LP on an International B47 baler and Meijor flat eight sledge, International 785 4wd with Kat loader and Lawrence Edwards flat eight grab and an International684 with a Ritchie 56 bale transporter. Some of the stuff I've already started work on, and I've plans drawn for most of it, so that is going to be my winter project to work through those builds and then hopefully have a go at a diorama. However, what i plan and what actually happens is often two very different things......:D

Sounds great, and a lot of work! I too am creating some of bits and pieces I remember from my local farm as a kid, and too intend to make a diorama when space permits - 

im really looking forwards to your b47. I have a 440 on my to do list

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 844john said:

The baler's about half finished, might try and re-visit it in the next few days too, my biggest issue is that I've got to come to terms with making a blue tractor!:D

Be careful, once you start with the blue the bug will bite and before you know it you'll have a fleet of them. 

51 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Be careful, once you start with the blue the bug will bite and before you know it you'll have a fleet of them. 

I blame it on spending too much time behind a blue bonnet!

5 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Wow gorgeous how do you get the top roof pannel so spot on john ?

Thanks Nigel, I was undecided whether to do a high roof panel or low one, but the low profile one seems to be the most popular, so i went with that. It's basically just thin sheet for the top with very thin sheet on the sides and then filed/sanded to get the slightly curved profile.

• 2 months later...

Archived