Wiking 2018

Theike

• robbo pinned this topic
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that's better,nothing broken or upside down in this photo,but interesting to see even Wiking have got the Agri Bumper wrong,you should still be able to use the front links with one fitted,

Regards

Joe.

Wiking 2018 1.jpeg

Wiking 2018 2.jpeg

Agri Bumper 5.jpg

Not sure about that Phil. Some photos of the new Wiking JD's appeared on Facebook and I pointed out that the rear wheels on one of the models appeared to be on backwards. Someone pointed out that I needed to read the description as they have a quick release mechanism and they can easily be turned around.

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, catkom3 said:

Now that's better,nothing broken or upside down in this photo,but interesting to see even Wiking have got the Agri Bumper wrong,you should still be able to use the front links with one fitted,

Regards

Joe.

Wiking 2018 1.jpeg

Wiking 2018 2.jpeg

Agri Bumper 5.jpg

Most likely as earlier Wiking Models wont have a mounting bracket on the arms, and most front linkages have different shapes so they most likely making it to fit most model makes to jet more sales

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Does anyone know what the differences are between the 116 and the 228 commanders please? Just stickers? 

Yes I do believe that is the case, perhaps a few other decal changes such as numberplate etc. 

4 hours ago, 0025 said:

Yes I do believe that is the case, perhaps a few other decal changes such as numberplate etc. 

Thanks Jack, that was kind of what I guessed.  I’ve ordered a 228, getting quite a collection of classic Claas combines now. The boxes are so big though, one of the biggest problems collecting today is the storage! 

• 3 months later...

Just announced on Facebook,Wiking Torian,doesn't say one or both,put back 'till 2019,??

The delivery of the model claas torion announced by wiking for 2018 will be postponed until 2019. There are delays in the depth of functions on the model. Delay ensures that this product can be supplied in the known and proven quality, appearance, detail and functionality.

Regards

Joe.

• 2 weeks later...

Wondered how long it would take them,Claas Axion 900 terra trac,strange there's no markings on the bonnet,??,but it is a prototype,also limited and unlimited,???,Also I want to see under this machine,to see how Claas manage to get the power to the ground,and also manage to keep ground clearance with those low tracks,??

Photo courtesy of 32Models News via Facebook,

Regards

Joe.

Claas tt.jpg

Wiking Claas Axion 900 TT.jpg

I am not sure about this one, i am still undecided about the wheeled Axion 950, but it looks like a decent model so far.  I hope Wiking will produce an updated Arion 600 series at some point, I think the range topping 660 would pair nicely with my Cargos forage wagon and Dangreville spreader (and give the Axion a hand !)

2 hours ago, prickles said:

CATERPILLAR managed to successfully get the power down with Mobil trac  trac system and CLAAS E  challengers versions with portal final drives i would hazard a guess these will be very much the same idea.  All been done before - a pretty good package of tried and tested well proven components. FPT Engine- CLAAS  VARIO TRANSMISSION and CEBIS control and proven trac system. 

Thank's for explanation Nick,but what is portal final drives,and how would you get the drive to those tracks,no space for shaft's etc under that tractor,or between the tracks,???

Regards

Joe.

Just now, catkom3 said:

Thank's for explanation Nick,but what is portal final drives,and how would you get the drive to those tracks,no space for shaft's etc under that tractor,or between the tracks,???

Regards

Joe.

same system as used on a Unimog, you have a set of gears in the axle casing working as a drop box :) 

Traxxas-TRX4-trail-truck-q.jpg

bort15_l.jpg

Cheers Brian,I think the Unimog set up would fit under the Axion,but the picture under that would be to bulky,I think,must look for info on the Lexion TT,they must be very similar,although the rear sprocket on the Axion is bigger than the Lexion,

Regards

Joe.

Claas web site claims Hydrostatic drive,fine on a combine,with a fairly constant speed / load,and how would that work on a 40k tractor hauling a tri axle trailer loaded,

Hydrostatic ground drive.

The hydrostatic ground drive of the LEXION can be controlled extremely easily with the multifunction control lever without the need to operate a clutch or change gear. The new series of hydrostatic drives is characterised by increased efficiency. You benefit, as the power saved is available for use by the rest of the machine, the overall result being more efficient operation.

All models have an electrohydraulic control system and can also be equipped with the CRUISE PILOT for automatic forward travel control. But whether used in manual or automatic mode, the LEXION drives like a luxury car with such a high level of operating comfort that performance is enhanced immediately

Regards

Joe.

16 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Cheers Brian,I think the Unimog set up would fit under the Axion,but the picture under that would be to bulky,I think,must look for info on the Lexion TT,they must be very similar,although the rear sprocket on the Axion is bigger than the Lexion,

Regards

Joe.

just used some quick pics to show a portal set up :) there are some amazing variations of the basic principle now :)

1 hour ago, prickles said:

my suspicion is the transmission/rear axle is mechanical on the tractor to maintain full traction as needed for a draft tractor, steering angle controlling a  proportional device for controlled differential steering something similar to a challenger differential to allow full power turns?. i cannot see hydrostatics involved in driving the tractors rear axle even Varios have mechanical drive to the rear diff. i will try to find out for sure in mean time if anyone else comes up with definitive info brilliant  how about JACK 0025?

To be fair I'm pretty unsure, I know that the tractor will use the claas cmatic transmission (cvt) and an altered version of tracks found on lexions.

Hope this link is useful:

http://www.claas.co.uk/fascination-claas/special-topics/terra-trac/axion-terratrac

6 hours ago, 0025 said:

To be fair I'm pretty unsure, I know that the tractor will use the claas cmatic transmission (cvt) and an altered version of tracks found on lexions.

Hope this link is useful:

http://www.claas.co.uk/fascination-claas/special-topics/terra-trac/axion-terratrac

Yes CVT only. It’s ZF box though using Claas software. The Claas box is used in 500 and 600 series only. 

900TT will be available as 930 and 960 initially 

TT unit uses bigger rear wheel than you find on lexion and does away with flat dish design to one that looks toothed, to allow debris to drop out. 

A tracked forager is long overdue, weve all seen videos of Jaguars struggling harvesting maize in swamp like conditions!    Now they need to come up with a cheap cost way of keeping the maize trailers going.

Personally I think the CASE Rowtrac looks far nicer than the Claas Axion and I suspect there may be an upgrade of the red tractor at Farm Progress show later this month...…………..and a new Quadtrac is quite possible as well.

9 hours ago, prickles said:

i disagree about getting off of topic i was merely trying to help everybody understand and discuss CLAAS TERRA  TRAC SYSTEM  how it might drive and steer , thats ok by  me if no one wants the technical stuff  and just wants to say its a nice model which it is- i will go and do my own terra trac research best regards nick

I'm personally not bothered if it's off topic,it's the technical side I'm interested in,you keep it coming Nick,

Regards

Joe.

5 hours ago, bluegreen said:

A tracked forager is long overdue, weve all seen videos of Jaguars struggling harvesting maize in swamp like conditions!    Now they need to come up with a cheap cost way of keeping the maize trailers going.

Personally I think the CASE Rowtrac looks far nicer than the Claas Axion and I suspect there may be an upgrade of the red tractor at Farm Progress show later this month...…………..and a new Quadtrac is quite possible as well.

Problem with tracked foragers is their use on grass. Also in truth the first thing to get stuck is tractor and trailer! 

Archived