Spalding spring show

watermill

Sunday 8th April 2018 

Spalding Exhibition Centre

PE12 6ET

Early entry: 8am-10am     £10 Children under 16 FREE

General admission: 10am-3pm     £6 Children under 16 FREE

On 11/03/2018 at 8:46 PM, Dan said:

Was looking forward to the show, glad I saw this topic as last time I looked was advertised as being on the 1st of April :huh:

I guess they were worried that Easter would stop people coming, last time it was Easter worked well for us - long day, long drive home and a bank holiday the next day was nice 

Spalding spring show has just come round so soon and yes us @ 1/32 farming models we will be attending as per ,,, and it is always good to catch up with people for a few Diet Cokes on the Saturday night and you also get another chance to meet me and my ( egotistical attitude) as some might say ,,,;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I totally recommend the Indian in spalding called 1498 the spice affair,,, really good but limited menus go back for defo ,, any way off for breakfast then the big set up ,, a few beers and food in the pub next door to the travelodge in spalding tonight if any one wish to join us ,,, look forward to a bit a catch up ,, 

Just back from the show, it seemed to be busier that last year but I think that the wet weather would have something to do with that, farmers not yet able to get onto the wet land to start spring work. I did notice that there were very few machines in the fields and much of the land around Spalding hasn't yet been cultivated.

Sorry but I did not take my camera with me this time, I am sure that David will be along with a selection of pics shortly

I saw four Challengers 765E tractors along with 3 Fendt 724s planting spuds in one 40 acre field on the B1165 on the way home, having seen the same 4 machines drilling wheat in a nearby field back in October..........................talk about over kill !!

Got some nice bits n pieces at the show and had a good chat with Pete on his stand...........................also Dan at 3 oakes who had some well smart trailers on display:) 

Thank you to everyone who goes to the effort of organising the show, and to all the traders, some who travel a very long way! We had a great day, great night in the pub last night, good to see some lovely people. Thank you! 

Very busy at one point, some new faces as well and from the traders I know it was a successful day, I hope it’s profitable for all whether buying or selling as that’s what’s makes success 

A good show but some prices seemed a bit high, yet I did manage to find a few bargains :D

Not sure if I will go again as a 3 hour drive each way and it never felt it had the buzz of Leamington :( 

Archived