Very nice, it's good to see some horse drawn gear on here, as a boy my father worked on the farm with horses together with a standard fordson and a david brown cropmaster, and he does like to reminisce about them now and again!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kirely said:

Horse Drawn Potato Digger.

I hope these models are not to retro for this Site.  I used a Siku Potato Digger as a donor and added a shaft for the horses. 

IMG_4151.thumb.JPG.df3dcf6b89fe8baa5843b62705648708.JPG

The hardest part was building the swingle trees for which I used a wooden coffee stirrer and some bits of brass.  I had some ultra fine chain which looks the right scale to me, usually chains used in modelling are over scale and chunky.

IMG_4149.thumb.JPG.0890f2e406e8099738e0a3d2bce65c5a.JPG

IMG_4148.thumb.JPG.9a516f67156dfc3a3d7268d116131c6f.JPG

The Horses are Britians lead horses and I used the holes behind the collars [for wires] to thread the chains through. 

IMG_4147.thumb.JPG.9e91f4d6877ce6d5c0fc7d65c58a4e55.JPG

The Siku Potato Digger is probably too large for a horse drawn vehicle but it was the only digger I could find for this project.

IMG_4150.thumb.JPG.aaf6c1b3238c4e3c40590df393e2b5ce.JPG

MacDonald's coffee stirrers I normally get a hand full when in there use them to mix to 2 part clues together or to did in the grease bucket to get a small lump to poke in bolt hole keeps your fingers clean also keep my shirt clean as don't have to wipe hands down the front of it . Liking you models always like to go and watch them in action at shows  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...