The 2019 Moira Model Show 25th/26th October

trigger82

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 11:43 AM, SPN said:

An extra 45 minutes added to a four hour journey, each way.

(Assuming the Brexiteers don't put border infrastructure at Newry)

Unfortunately we couldn't find a suitable venue in the Moira/Lisburn area. We appreciate everybody who travels great distances to the Moira Model Show. We hope you will make the trip in 2019. Or even better come for the two days and bring a diorama. :)

The new venue is only about 15 mins from Belfast International Airport and there is plenty of accommodation nearby so it is ideal for anyone who wants to visit the show from the UK. 

20 hours ago, Hillview said:

Unfortunately we couldn't find a suitable venue in the Moira/Lisburn area. We appreciate everybody who travels great distances to the Moira Model Show. We hope you will make the trip in 2019. Or even better come for the two days and bring a diorama. :)

The new venue is only about 15 mins from Belfast International Airport and there is plenty of accommodation nearby so it is ideal for anyone who wants to visit the show from the UK. 

Harder for a return journey but not much further than Nutts corner and did that return in a day. One positive thing is that it looks to be a more modern building and will have heating ??

3 hours ago, ford4ever said:

Harder for a return journey but not much further than Nutts corner and did that return in a day. One positive thing is that it looks to be a more modern building and will have heating ??

I did the run to Nutts Corner for the 100 year celebrations this time two years ago (is it really that long ago?) and I just about survived.

May be worth looking at staying overnight.

(some happy memories from April 2017: )

1 hour ago, SPN said:

I did the run to Nutts Corner for the 100 year celebrations this time two years ago (is it really that long ago?) and I just about survived.

Was up at thst show some day out back then 

5 hours ago, ford4ever said:

Heating, a restaurant/cafe area and more space for more dioramas :)

3 hours ago, SPN said:

Hard to believe that long ago.There's a Hilton templepatrick that I've stayed in before which was reasonable enough.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:45 PM, SPN said:

Will we see a return of the Kane factory diorama?

That's a cracker.

We will have to wait and see. It was a very impressive diorama but requires a lot of work getting it to the show. JMC did an amazing job building and bringing it to the show for two years. It would be great to see it at the show again especially as it's Kane 60th anniversary. Then again you wouldn't know what JMC has in the pipeline. 

Hopefully we will see some new dioramas as there is plenty of room for new displayers. 

• 2 months later...

Moira Model Club is now making a list for those interested in having a diorama at their 2019 show. 
This is the 10th anniversary show and already there is an unbelievable interest from people wanting to display.

Please message the Facebook page or contact 07782 184909 for more info or to to register your interest.

Moira Model Show 2019 Front (4).jpg

• 1 month later...
The very popular Moira Model Club diorama show will take place on Friday 25th and Saturday 26th October at the larger venue of the Jim Baker Stadium, Parkgate, Co. Antrim. 
The Jim Baker Stadium is a family friendly venue with a heated arena, a restaurant and free car parking. It is only 5 mins drive from Junction 5 (Templepatrick exit) of the M2.
Proceeds of the show will go to Dementia NI.

IMG_4902.JPG

IMG_4795.JPG

IMG_4794.JPG

8 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Looking forward to finally making it to this show, along with my display. The Moira Forum was what got me into model farming in the first place

Are you displaying at the show ??

8 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Looking forward to finally making it to this show, along with my display. The Moira Forum was what got me into model farming in the first place

I must arrange to buy some D Series cabs from you to pick up at Moira so.

9 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

We look forward to seeing you there with your display. Good to hear the Moira Forum got you interested in model farming. 

It would be good to see some more forum members visit Moira. Plenty of cheap flights, and good accommodation available near the show.

11 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Are you displaying at the show ??

Yes, spoke to Mark Gilland at Toytrac and I'll be taking over my farm diorama and a few of my own truck models.

10 hours ago, SPN said:

I must arrange to buy some D Series cabs from you to pick up at Moira so.

I'm sure we can get that sorted!

10 hours ago, Hillview said:

We look forward to seeing you there with your display. Good to hear the Moira Forum got you interested in model farming. 

It would be good to see some more forum members visit Moira. Plenty of cheap flights, and good accommodation available near the show.

Cheers Peter, I know there's a few others planning on making the trip so should be a good representation from this side of the water.

4 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Would I get good deals on models right before Brexit kicks in !!!:D

Don't be fooled by all the fear mongering crap around Brexit, it will work out just fine for us after some initial "adjustment"...…….we are not saying goodbye to our European friends just the unelected bureaucrats and their hidden agendas who run the show from Brussels! 

I would wait 6 months until the pounds drop against the euro has been well and truly reversed and then buy from abroad at a good discount:P

Archived