The 2019 Moira Model Show 25th/26th October

trigger82

19 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Don't be fooled by all the fear mongering crap around Brexit, it will work out just fine for us after some initial "adjustment"...…….we are not saying goodbye to our European friends just the unelected bureaucrats and their hidden agendas who run the show from Brussels! 

I would wait 6 months until the pounds drop against the euro has been well and truly reversed and then buy from abroad at a good discount:P

I hope it works out for us all..But the effect  it will have on agriculture & trade between Northern Ireland & the South might take some time to recover..Just hope ..as you say..the fear mongering crap  ain't all its made out to be..;) Anyways enough about Brexit..we are all blue in the face from hearing about it..And the media are great at stirring up the Sh*t also as we all well know..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/1/2019 at 4:45 PM, justy 46 said:

Would I get good deals on models right before Brexit kicks in !!!:D

Sterling is down to €1.10 at the moment.

Start buying when it gets to parity.

Loads of bargains to be had.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:44 PM, bluegreen said:

Don't be fooled by all the fear mongering crap around Brexit, it will work out just fine for us after some initial "adjustment"...…….we are not saying goodbye to our European friends just the unelected bureaucrats and their hidden agendas who run the show from Brussels! 

I would wait 6 months until the pounds drop against the euro has been well and truly reversed and then buy from abroad at a good discount:P

What I find curious is that Rees-Mogg and all the other Toffs have got their money out of the UK. My guess is that they will bring the money back after they collapse the economy so they can buy up everything for pennies on the pound.

They get richer and everyone else gets poorer.

Got this message back from them to see if I display I dont have a diorama 

Thanks Cyril for your interest. The Moira Model Show is a diorama show so we are only taking diorama bookings. We are trying to encourage people not to display their model collection on tables but rather to create a diorama in lifelike model scenes. If you can create a diorama for your models we would be happy to take your booking.. Dont know if there anyone selling stuff at the show  but there was last year . 

8 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Got this message back from them to see if I display I dont have a diorama 

Thanks Cyril for your interest. The Moira Model Show is a diorama show so we are only taking diorama bookings. We are trying to encourage people not to display their model collection on tables but rather to create a diorama in lifelike model scenes. If you can create a diorama for your models we would be happy to take your booking.. Dont know if there anyone selling stuff at the show  but there was last year . 

I think that is quite restrictive and would put off model collectors who do not do dioramas.  I have been collecting for many years but I have only a passing interest in dioramas, I much prefer to see a detailed collection.  They are restricting the type of people who might attend the show

2 minutes ago, robbo said:

I think that is quite restrictive and would put off model collectors who do not do dioramas.  I have been collecting for many years but I have only a passing interest in dioramas, I much prefer to see a detailed collection.  They are restricting the type of people who might attend the show

I take your point that you would prefer to see a detailed collection rather than looking at dioramas. There are lots of model shows all across the UK and Ireland which will interest you. 

This is where the Moira Model Show is different as it is a Diorama only show. We want the show to be different from all the rest and not encourage people to bring their collection and put it on a table to display. You can see model displays like this in model shows all over the UK and Ireland. The only place you will see the UK and Ireland's finest diorama displays is at Moira on Friday 25th & Saturday 26th October. 

This year we have had a greater interest from people from all over the UK and Ireland wanting to display so it doesn't seem to put people off. 

Moira Model Show 2019 Front (4).jpg

The standard of dioramas has been constantly rising, you only have to look back 5-6 years and to place a few brushwood sheds on a bit of astro turf was considered a good diorama. It's thanks to shows with mentalities like this that the progression of dioramas is happening. We've now got shows where all the best dioramas are at a model railway standard of detail which means builders are constantly challenging and pushing their ability.

This is one of those hobbies where there is such a diverse range of interests, it's nice to see a show aiming to gather one specific genre of the hobby.

4 hours ago, Hillview said:

I take your point that you would prefer to see a detailed collection rather than looking at dioramas. There are lots of model shows all across the UK and Ireland which will interest you. 

This is where the Moira Model Show is different as it is a Diorama only show. We want the show to be different from all the rest and not encourage people to bring their collection and put it on a table to display. You can see model displays like this in model shows all over the UK and Ireland. The only place you will see the UK and Ireland's finest diorama displays is at Moira on Friday 25th & Saturday 26th October. 

This year we have had a greater interest from people from all over the UK and Ireland wanting to display so it doesn't seem to put people off. 

Moira Model Show 2019 Front (4).jpg

Yes I not putting the Diorama display down it lovely to see them and all that driffents  ones that out there.  I been to that moira show good few time and do like to see people selling stuff as well as just displaying them.  You meet some lovely people and make very good friends . Hope this new place well really help the club and go on from there.  

11 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Yes I not putting the Diorama display down it lovely to see them and all that driffents  ones that out there.  I been to that moira show good few time and do like to see people selling stuff as well as just displaying them.  You meet some lovely people and make very good friends . Hope this new place well really help the club and go on from there.  

That's what this hobby is all about. Hope to see you at Moira 2019. You could get a few bargains with the exchange rate.

4 minutes ago, Hillview said:

That's what this hobby is all about. Hope to see you at Moira 2019. You could get a few bargains with the exchange rate.

Yes that the plane now as I dont have a diorama yet are you displaying at the show . I only be going Friday see how its goes might say go Saturday as well ha 

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2019 at 10:38 PM, Hillview said:

Is there any additions to the Kane Factory this year?

Yes there are a few changes from the last time the finishing workshop which was under construction is now finished and maybe a few other changes to bring it up to date.

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

1am start this morning to get up to Cairnryan, now on the ferry with Larne in sight. Looking forward to the show.

IMG_20191025_075324.jpg

Fare play to you for going are you displaying or just looking on ? Enjoy the shoe anyways

Archived