2 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

I love my fastracs,but cant see me purchasing either,thanks for posting up though Joe

Not my cup of T either,

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Funny how they are both the same tractor and yet there are differences in the models...obviously different interpretations of the tape measure

Glad someone else noticed John,lot's of differences,yet a fairly simple model,

Regards

Joe.

1 hour ago, catkom3 said:

Not my cup of T either,

Glad someone else noticed John,lot's of differences,yet a fairly simple model,

Regards

Joe.

I know some people defend inaccuracies in models Joe, but to me it all comes down to simply being able to read a tape measure and a protractor, really there's no excuse for getting it wrong, and that's not taking in to account access to CAD programs etc.....which to be fair I probably couldn't understand anyway!:D

8 hours ago, Jenno61 said:

the die cast model  top picture with lower cab was the version that set the record, the resin version was the first version

8 hours ago, Jenno61 said:

there were two versions of the record breaking machine thats why there are two model versions also!

not sure on that, the first version that hit 103mph didn't have the extra panels behind the cab , the second version did, also the faring's under the cab differ from the first to the second, to me they are both modelled on the second attempt tractor, the XO models one looking the most accurate

untitled (18).png

JCBFASTRACWFT2410201922203.jpg

8 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Some machine. She topped 154mph and averaged 135...!!  Guy Martin will surely have a TV program on the whole thing in time like he has done with other ventures.  I think it's pushing over 1100 HP !!

It was on channel 4 about a week ago Justin

We were approached at the start of this project to deign and build the full cooling system, which ended up with the side pod radiators and the large water cooled charge air cooler at the front. I was also lucky to go to Elvington during the World Record attempt, as one of the supplier partners. We have our name on the side....

There are indeed two machines. Fastrac 1  was the development build. With around 800hp, it set the British record in July at 103mph. That is the machine in the photo above, without the Union Jack deflectors. Fastrac 2 was further developed, with additional aero mods, significant further weight reduction and 1016hp that was used for the World record. Fastrac 2 also used the ice system to feed the charge air cooler, some complex thermal calculations went into that ! 

However, when Fastrac 2 ran at Elvington, Fastrac 1 was updated visually to look similar. Most notably the Union Jack side panels were added. Fastrac 1 was the machine used at Agritechnica.

I have further photos of the event, once I'm cleared to use them, I'll post some up. 

50 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

There's a very good Grassmen's video of it on Youtube,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DML_hlJhk

Regards

Joe.

Great video! I saw that being filmed, but hadn't seen the final version. 

JCB bought forward the start  time in the morning due to the forecast for rain in the afternoon. And did it rain!

Archived