New Ray Not so Scania anymore conversion

These are some pictures of a newray truck converion I'm working on, I was going to wait until it was finished, but I've had a disaster with the grill on the lorry (it melted) so next time you see this it may be a DAF (in a way better, as I don't like the top line cab on this) or just another scania grill. Still some work to be done then, the trailer will also be converted to carry logs, and whatever cab I use will be decaled. The crane and log holding things are all siku parts, the controls outrigers etc are scratch built and my own decals.

Thats the original new ray decal, bit too euro for my liking, but I'm not risking another cab getting it off! :) I think the lower cab is deffinatly better though, otherwise I would have had to raise the log guard behind the cab and all the lorrys in the epsilion brouchre I've got are either MAN, DAF or Foden (would love a foden)

don't ever remember seeing a foden model ,apart from the gorgi ones you see round now,but there a bit to small,there used to be a alitail models (ithink)foden truck but i think that was to big,not 100% on that but may be worth hunting round to see if there are still avaiable

I've been looking for a foden model for one of my mates for a few months with no joy......  :'(

That looks better now IHP, I prefer the scania though if I'm honest...... I used to have a MAN and it spent more time over the pit in the garage than it did working!!

• 2 months later...

good idea of log lorry. ive also been converting a merc into a drawbar rig for straw, made a scania lp cab on a plant bodie made from car transporter top, and on with a renault magnam draw bar rig, also made 2 40ft flat trailers. found plastic on cabs react if u spray them. cant show any photos as i havent a digi camera. A freind has made me a combine trailer that streches and has wells and out riggers to move mf 7200 and a jd cts also fits. am going to try and sell some of my lorrys to fund more projects.

I've been looking for a foden model for one of my mates for a few months with no joy......? :'(

That looks better now IHP, I prefer the scania though if I'm honest...... I used to have a MAN and it spent more time over the pit in the garage than it did working!!

If you can find a DAF cf cab then all you have to do is modify the doors & grill to make a foden alfa.

Did you know that Newray now do a MAN with a front mounted crane on six legger same chaasis cab as concrete mixer with a log trailer.  The crane dosn't fold up. It is the same design as the American one. I too have similar ideas about an artic unit.  Any of the expert convertors interested in this project.

David