Dale Drills 12m Eco XL

I have decided that in 2020 Lantau Farms will be switch to a 12m CTF system for the grain and oilseed cropping.  

The plan is to use a 12m Dale Eco XL drill for planting.  We then intend to modify a 10m Simba xpress by adding extra wings to make it a 12m cultivator.  We will also purchase a 24m Brock set of Rolls. 

I have started by building the frame out for the Dale Drill below, fingers crossed it will be complete for spring plantings.  Then we can use it if it stops raining, haha.  

20200115_190352.jpg

• 2 months later...

Started to do a little more work on this project.  

I have built  the first 5 of the drilling assembly.  Only another 43 to go, doh.  

Hopefully will be able to make a bit more progress in the next couple of weeks.  

20200404_164416.jpg

41 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

impressive  to say the least, thats a lot of  work there ,what are you using for the packing wheels? they look like those non slip washers maybe?? 

They are 8 tooth lock washers.  I used the same ones on my destoner.  I also used larger ones on a tube as a packer for my power harrow.  

I thought the drill assembly was hard.  Creating the parallel linkage to mount the drill assembly is driving me nuts.  I even glued a jig to my bench to make it a little easier, haha. 

20200410_173255.jpg

20200410_173337.jpg

Archived