Dale Drills 12m Eco XL

I assume the glue issues due ti the paint where you wanted to bond in? Not an easy way round that one, i have used some humbrol  mask paint before, covered the area sprayed up then removed, just had to touch the joins up with a small brush after, great build mind  look good once all piped up as well 

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I assume the glue issues due ti the paint where you wanted to bond in? Not an easy way round that one, i have used some humbrol  mask paint before, covered the area sprayed up then removed, just had to touch the joins up with a small brush after, great build mind  look good once all piped up as well 

It was strange, some areas glued fine others had issues.  In the end I filed the paint off and then glued.  I had to hold each section 20~30 seconds, where as the glue normally fixes in 1~2 seconds if pressure is applied.  

I have often found that some pieces of plastic just dont want to glue.  My assumption was that there is layer of oil, grease, etc on the surface that limits the bond.  

2 hours ago, L33 Da17on said:

That looks fantastic mate. Good work. It looked a tedious job. But great that you took a load of detailed pictures for us to see. Great work well done. 

Thanks.  I always learn a lot from everyone else in progress pictures, so for all of my builds I try to share as much as possible to try to reciprocate.  

That is looking really well, a credit to your skill and patience! I know what you mean about the glue and varying bonding times as I've found the same, funny thing is, no matter how oily or greasy my hands are the superglue never fails to stick me to the part that I'm holding whilst waiting for it to bond!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived