silage south wales style

rich.new holland

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pics rich :)

like martin i think you're also having an identity crisis, as although you are rich.newholland ,you seem to spend an awfull amount of time driving the massey  :D :D

Just remember to stay safe and check twice.

ooh jez you sound so official , you still got your JD works hairnet on ? :D

but hey he's right young rich............. saftey first, first aid last ! ;):D

• 1 year later...

Hey  Rich thanks for posting up the 955 picture :) it  brings back fond memories of driving one for the guy I worked for on silage back in Cardigan west wales. Does yours shoot the foot long flame out the top of the exhaust on hills with a loaded trailer at full cog ;) that one i drove did and so did our old 1046 IH. Those 6cyl inters are the only tractors i would drive without a working radio as that motor on full load on a steep welsh hill is better to listen to than any pop music.  :) 

Regards Robert

hey robert  :)  well  i was mowing the wholecrop last year and when i was cuttin the middle i was goin into the crop just above tick over then i was planting the throtle nd ther was a flame abt 4-5 inch out the exhaust and as the revs built up the flame died  :D  but boy what a sight  :P  the lush red glow in the lush blue sky just after sunset  :P  yes they have a lovely note and take the exhaust off and it sounds a beast  :P::)

Hey  Rich thanks for posting up the 955 picture :) it  brings back fond memories of driving one for the guy I worked for on silage back in Cardigan west wales. Does yours shoot the foot long flame out the top of the exhaust on hills with a loaded trailer at full cog ;) that one i drove did and so did our old 1046 IH. Those 6cyl inters are the only tractors i would drive without a working radio as that motor on full load on a steep welsh hill is better to listen to than any pop music.  :) 

Regards Robert

Hi Rich

The flame deal must be a common thing on all of them then :) . Our old 1046 barked with no exhaust it had been done a few times :police: 

when the exhaust rotted out i got one from bepco it was exactly the same to look at but she lost the trade mark non turbo internatinal whistle :( . That was then replaced with one from a 1255 which was bigger and the pump was opened to rev at 3000 rpm it went like the 8.15 express from Carmathen  :) .

she had over 10 .000 hrs on when we sold it 10 years ago  I think it ended up in Richard Baggots yard a few years ago. I think I saw it in his add in one of the tractor books I get sent over . That old thing was the best tractor we had and I should of shipped it to Canada as it had out lasted most of these american inters as they are done at around 6000 hrs.  I wish i could afford to buy yours and ship it over and show these guys a proper tractor.

Regards Robert