Model Farmer Update

Guideline Publications new owners of Model Farmer, Truck Model World and Plant & Machinery Model World

As you will be aware, it is was with regret and sadness that last year we decided to cease publication of our magazine portfolio, Model Farmer, Truck Model World and Plant & Machinery Model World. We enjoyed our time running the titles during the 10 years of operation and are thankful to all of our customers who supported the titles throughout this period.

It was always our intention to find a new publisher for the titles and whilst this has taken considerably longer than first envisaged, we are now pleased to announce that Guideline Publications have taken on the entire magazine business from us, inclusive of Model Farmer, Truck Model World and Plant & Machinery Model World.

Guideline Publications are the UK’s leading publishers of modelling and hobby-related magazines with many years of experience within the publishing industry.

The transition will complete over coming days but for subscribers with an active subscription with any of our titles, we will be transferring your subscription details to the new publisher. We'll be writing to you about this in the coming days.

Lastly, we are thankful to all customers for your patience since we ceased publication of the titles. We wish the new owners all the very best in their new venture.

The forum and it's members will continue to have a significant role with the magazine as it continues with the new owners.

123729310_3356368244416219_7601185148412708747_o.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Andy locked this topic
  • Andy unlocked and pinned this topic

Just a few more words on this to clear up any queries, happy to try and answer anything if it's not covered here:

Will the magazine be continuing?

Yes, Model Farmer is now planned to continue from where it left off from January 2021

Will it be available in the shops in the UK and Ireland

Yes. The new publisher will be able to share more information on how best to find the magazine once available.

If you have a subscription outstanding, has the new publisher taken this on?

Yes, all subs liability is being passed to the new publisher as part of the deal, including domestic and international. 

Can I contribute to the new magazine?

The new publisher is keen to speak to anyone interested in sharing their passion for the hobby. Reviews, features, custom work and anything else hobby related.

New Publisher Contact Details

Guideline Publications
6 Kensworth Gate
200 - 204 High Street South
Dunstable
Bedfordshire
LU6 3HS

Tel: 01582 668411

Our office hours are 9.00am - 16.00 If calling outside these times please leave a message or e-mail us.

General Enquiries   tom@guidelinepublications.co.uk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a clarification post (more information now added too) in response to some inaccurate comments and pretty unacceptable abuse I have seen on here and social media regarding the magazine. I really do advise people seek facts of the situation by speaking to us before posting comments suggesting otherwise. 

In relation to content on social media and related comments. I am not able to post directly in response to such comments or see them as, for some reason, I have been blocked by the original author who is making these allegations, from doing so. I have only been made aware of the content from someone who is able to see this content. If you are still in disagreement with this, please feel free to contact me direct. 

We are aware of a letter Guideline Publications have sent out regarding refunds / subscriptions. Their statement is confusing and I can see why some may feel concerned by this but to clarify the facts of the situation. 

Guideline have legally taken on the entire magazine portfolio. This includes ALL Liability, both domestic and international, by signed agreement. This relates to subscriptions up to the final magazines being published. For example, if you subscribed at the final issue or at any point prior to this, your liability is with Guideline. They are obliged to fulfil your subscription. 

There were a small number of automatic paypal direct debits made after the final issue and whilst most have been refunded, if you have not, please contact us urgently on info@igp-ltd.com. 

In the event of a magazine changing hands, it is almost always the case that the key part of the deal includes the liability of outstanding subscriptions. In the instance of when IGP bought Model Tractor and Truck Model World from Traplet Publications, we did exactly the same and fulfilled the liability we purchased by continuing the subscription if it was outstanding. Traplet did not refund their subscribers. It's a legal obligation on the new owner and Guideline are aware of this.

It is very important that anyone who has an existing subscription and is being told it will now not be fulfilled by the new owner, to please contact us as soon as possible. 

You can contact us on info@igp-ltd.com or call us on 01775 724939 

In addition, if you have any further queries, or questions, or comments to make about the matter or me personally, you are quite welcome to contact me on the above, book an appointment to the office to visit, or send me a PM on here. 

• robbo locked this topic

gents, the mod team have temporally locked this topic and hidden a couple of posts until some proper facts can be clarified by all parties involved, we have no issue with debate on the forum , as long as its done in a sensible constructive post, not an accusation hurling aggressive style, which only leads to putting peoples backs up,that can stay on facebook as far as we are concerned , not here ,and just to confirm we will not at present be banning anyone either

several of us  have seen the other posts on facebook from another source  which seem to contradict the info in previous posts made by the old magazine owners, and the new ones, which we have no control over .we  feel at present its best with so many young members ect on to allow heads to cool before its gets out of hand  and a sensible dialogue can hopefully get going again once the facts are known by everyone properly and are all clearly in the public domain ,this topic will be unlocked again we promise ,as long as all sides can maintain a sensible constructive approach to any issues . i am sure andy will see this and try to resolve it on what ever platform is required , here or the book of face .if you have any issues with our decision please feel free to contact one of the mod team.

On 12/6/2020 at 7:41 AM, CraigP145 said:

I won’t repeat myself, but my self and a lot of peaple would surely agree. all subscriptions should have been refunded as soon as the mag stoped! And definitely before it was sold off to a new company. 

Craig, I'm not going to argue your opinion but if anyone wanted to discuss that view with us, they have been able to since the magazine closed. Several have, who had subs and requested a refund rather than waiting, and received one. 

The magazine was stopped with the intention of it continuing soon after with a new owner. Again, it's how transitions normally work. The biggest regret is it has taken longer than we wanted to but we've had 3 parties interested in the magazine since it closed, each one ultimately wasting our time (but we have to take each one seriously). Not that I want to refer it as an excuse but it's hardly been a normal year either for things operating at the same speeds, but the intention was always there that they'd be a continuation of the magazine from where it left off.

We'd already stated numerous times that everyone's credit was still valid, from the day it closed, if ever a new owner was not found. As per previous posts in September we were preparing to close the business on that basis. Again, common sense surely on this, we attend the shows and look forward to them starting again so we/I can enjoy the hobby as much as everyone else. Ripping people off may be prevalent on some of the hobby's social media buy/sell pages but that is something we do not do. Again, if anyone disagrees, get in touch and let us know!

Lastly, as per my post above about following up with ensuring people are getting the credits owed etc, if you know anyone who thinks or has been told the new owner wont be honouring their subscription, please pass their details on to us, or put them in touch with us so we can assist. Contact details are above. If the phone line is busy, please leave a message and we will get back to you. Alternatively, PM or Email.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • Andy unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...