Volvo LM 841

I was given this new LM 841 to weather for a friend of mine, Rickard Algotsson. I decided to give this 1:50 scale model a go. It's a beautiful model with great details. Surprisingly enough, it is not made completely out of metal but the body part is mostly plastic. The arm connectors and joints, and all the small details are made from metal. An amazing piece, I must say. The only addition in respect to details is the antenna.I painted the hydraulic coupling ends silver to give the appearance of actual couplings and painted the exhaust stack, silver as well. I weathered the folks using a combination of rust, smoke to make the forks look rusty, like most of the reference photos I saw. For the rest of the model I used the sponge technique, very carefully,  all over the model.

As this was a 1:50 scale, I had to try and control my hand movements as this was a smaller scale compared to what I was used to. The results is what you see. I've posted the original model, before weathering, and photos after the weathering was completed. I think, with the great details the model has already, I've managed to enhance them, making them pop even more.

Before weathering:

841BLWeb1140-vi.jpg
841FLWeb1140-vi.jpg
841FRWeb1140-vi.jpg

After Weathering:

lm8-vi.jpg
lm1-vi.jpg
lm2-vi.jpg
lm2a-vi.jpg
lm3-vi.jpg
lm4-vi.jpg
lm5-vi.jpg
lm6-vi.jpg
lm7-vi.jpg
lm9-vi.jpg
lm10-vi.jpg
lm10a-vi.jpg
lm11-vi.jpg
lm12-vi.jpg
lm13-vi.jpg
lm14-vi.jpg
lm15-vi.jpg
lm16-vi.jpg
lm16a-vi.jpg
lm16b-vi.jpg
lm16c-vi.jpg
lm17-vi.jpg
lm18-vi.jpg
lm19-vi.jpg
lm1-vi.jpg
lm2-vi.jpg
lm2a-vi.jpg
lm3-vi.jpg
lm4-vi.jpg
lm5-vi.jpg
lm6-vi.jpg
lm7-vi.jpg
lm8-vi.jpg
lm9-vi.jpg
lm10-vi.jpg
lm10a-vi.jpg
lm11-vi.jpg
lm12-vi.jpg
lm13-vi.jpg
lm14-vi.jpg
lm15-vi.jpg
lm16-vi.jpg
lm16a-vi.jpg
lm16b-vi.jpg
lm16c-vi.jpg
lm17-vi.jpg
lm18-vi.jpg
lm19-vi.jpg
lm20-vi.jpg
lm21-vi.jpg
lm22-vi.jpg

-------------------------------

_841_vignette_outside_photos_1-vi.jpg
841_vignette_outside_photos_1a-vi.jpg
_841_vignette_outside_photos_2-vi.jpg
_841_vignette_outside_photos_3-vi.jpg
841_vignette_outside_photos_5a-vi.jpg
841_vignette_outside_photos_5b-vi.jpg
_841_vignette_outside_photos_6-vi.jpg
_841_vignette_outside_photos_7-vi.jpg

That is amazing! Farmer I used to live by had one of those (and a bigger one which he still uses) and used it for loading muck at the ABP place, and loading flat 8 bales.  Great little machine.  

Is it a hand built model?

The weathering is awesome.

17 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Beautiful work, I would love one in 1/32

12 hours ago, jmd said:

brilliant looks real in the pictures

Thank you.

11 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

That is amazing! Farmer I used to live by had one of those (and a bigger one which he still uses) and used it for loading muck at the ABP place, and loading flat 8 bales.  Great little machine.  

Is it a hand built model?

The weathering is awesome.

Thanks. The model is by a Swedish company, called 'Swedish Model Works'. It sells for about 150 Euros.

10 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Stunning job mate :) 

Thank you kindly.

7 hours ago, SPN said:

That is superb.

Would love one in 1:32 for 1970s silage crew

Yep. I mentioned to the owner that it would be nice to have one in 1/35 and 1/24 scale. He said, he couldn't promise anything, but he will take it into consideration.

Very impressive work Tiking.

As a plastic modeller myself, I have seen much of your other work on the various model forums and it’s  truly outstanding.

You should post some of your truck models on here too! 

1 hour ago, GPS said:

Very impressive work Tiking.

As a plastic modeller myself, I have seen much of your other work on the various model forums and it’s  truly outstanding.

You should post some of your truck models on here too! 

Hello Gavin. Appreciate your support. Thank you. I thought this board was only for Farm and possibly construction models? Where can I post 1/24 truck models?

Hi Tiking. Yes this site is farm and construction models, but you will also see a few trucks!

But I have also seen other construction models from you.

Others on here may have other suggestions, but I would start a general post under the “my collection “ topic called “Tikings collection “ or something similar. Any mods please shout up if you think this is wrong!

Many on here do build diaramas and / or weather their models. I think some your work could provide inspiration.

52 minutes ago, GPS said:

Hi Tiking. Yes this site is farm and construction models, but you will also see a few trucks!

But I have also seen other construction models from you.

Others on here may have other suggestions, but I would start a general post under the “my collection “ topic called “Tikings collection “ or something similar. Any mods please shout up if you think this is wrong!

Many on here do build diaramas and / or weather their models. I think some your work could provide inspiration.

Appreciate the efforts. Thanks. 

Archived