Britains disc Harrow

alf aphid

Question

On my many to do’s is a conversion of the Britains disc Harrow into a mounted parmiter version on which I believe it’s based. Question is does anyone know of anyone who makes authentic looking replacement disks that might be suitable ?

many thanks 

12 answers to this question

i was going to just notch out the current ones when i got round to mine alistair, i did see some a while back on one of the german sites, but they have vanished now,  had them in various sizes as well ,just space out along the axel. should have got them there and then

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

i was going to just notch out the current ones when i got round to mine alistair, i did see some a while back on one of the german sites, but they have vanished now,  had them in various sizes as well ,just space out along the axel. should have got them there and then

Cheers Sean, yes I had looked before, but nothing to speak of. Can’t believe there’s not something about. Would be a fair job to make the originals look right don’t you think ?

1 hour ago, SPN said:

I've just painted the yellow one to Ransomes blue

3 pt  mounting coming next

Maybe even be happening next week as I now have Replicagri 3 pt adaptor to hand

Yes my plan was to do the same trick, did you try replacement discs, or just stick with originals?

18 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Cheers Sean, yes I had looked before, but nothing to speak of. Can’t believe there’s not something about. Would be a fair job to make the originals look right don’t you think ?

Just seen this Universemini in France do all sorts of disc's and other groundwork tools,see here,

https://www.universmini.com/detail.php?d=1&back=2&id=1733

Regards

Joe.

2 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Just seen this Universemini in France do all sorts of disc's and other groundwork tools,see here,

https://www.universmini.com/detail.php?d=1&back=2&id=1733

Regards

Joe.

Ah thanks Joe they look perfect !

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

tried that website before joe, and got no where with it, everything is either out of stock or they never answer your emails, shame as they have some nice bits on there inc some perfect discs for the job aistair wants to do.

Oh! <_<

Archived