no its a scratch built one,the jq looks to far apart for the smaller 550 so i tried a scratch build one,to the same size as the origonal front axel,all turns like the jq,

thats just a test one,now i know how to doi it i will make a proper one for the 550 chassi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still recon the 362 chassis should be modified to fit the bonnet ,floor pan & cab mate , as for the rears wheels & tyres , they would be about right . the 135's were usually fitted with 28in wheels  & the 6180 / 30804wd were fitted as standard with 28in fronts so the sizing will be right .

as for the 362 the wheel sizes are wrong, they were fitted with 36in rears as standard so in effect the the scale is a bit out , but britains arn't going to cast a new size wheel just for this tractor .

so fit the ford style rears and go for the 362 chassis then? sounds about right,will get the parts together and make a start on it tommorrow

am i right in saying the front grill is smaller than the 590,and the bonnet not as tall in the front

so fit the ford style rears and go for the 362 chassis then? sounds about right,will get the parts together and make a start on it tommorrow

am i right in saying the front grill is smaller than the 590,and the bonnet not as tall in the front

nah , i recon fit the original 362 wheels & tyres , & just cut the 595 bonnet down, the grill was slightly smaller but not enough to worry about changing a 595 one.

the 362 rear wheels & tyres were scaled from 28in wheels  so for a 135 / 550 they are right 

page  131 of this months classic tractor top of colum 3 590 lower grill and the 550 equivilent 550 is slightly narrower by 1 or 2 inches