Some Pics from work

civilpek

nice alan you seem to be enjoying ur self, what are do going to do after silage

well theres still a few baled silage jobs to do but the silage season is more or less finished now, until the maize starts things will be a bit quite for a while with just a bit of hay and digger work happening to keep things ticking over, most of my time over the next few weeks will be spent around the yard doing bits and pieces until the new harvester comes, shell be getting a bit of a going over and theres another ken wooton trailer coming that must get modified with bigger tyres and different back door and colour change etc for the maize season. at the moment there is only ment to be 3 of those trailers in nz and these guys already have two of them the third one is down in the south island at the moment but they more or less have a deal reached with the owner of it. the weather is getting very hot now and you get sun burnt easily...............  :D speaking from experience, so since its quite it will be good to finish earlier and stuff so you can enjoy the weather and do a bit of other stuff till the pressure starts again, once maize starts it will be 6am starts and late finishes

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres the case chopper  :-\ its actually a jd painted in case colours............... dont ask they seem to think case are the bees knees here  ;) the thing is theres a jd 7500 coming next month for the maize and she too is going getting a colour change before she does a tap

so as well as painitng it i see they change the name as well :-\ :-\

you gotta find out why!! :D :D

ive had this argument with them a few times already dont worry  ;D ;D, when it brakes down i tell them you wouldnt see a massey doing that and that they should have painted it red. every single bit of kit they have except for a kverneland plough has got the colour change. they used run jd's before and when they had them believe it or not everything was green and yellow. theres a maize planter there too that also got the name change  :D :D a well if it makes them happy

ive had this argument with them a few times already dont worry  ;D ;D, when it brakes down i tell them you wouldnt see a massey doing that and that they should have painted it red. every single bit of kit they have except for a kverneland plough has got the colour change. they used run jd's before and when they had them believe it or not everything was green and yellow. theres a maize planter there too that also got the name change  :D :D a well if it makes them happy

That is odd if you did that over here they would think you had horns on your head :D :D

That is odd if you did that over here they would think you had horns on your head :D :D

i always thought they were an odd race :D :D :D::) ::)::) ............................... :-*:-*

*FB quickly gets up and hides behind Marky, thinking he can use his nose as cover ::)

Don't JD protest? We have heard on here about OEM's getting fed up with people changing their models, surely it must be worse to change the real thing???  ???

Don't JD protest? We have heard on here about OEM's getting fed up with people changing their models, surely it must be worse to change the real thing???  ???

too True, i wonder what they would do  :D :D :D :D

heres a few i took yesterday and today of one of our last pit silage jobs for the season , raked it yesterday afternoon and started picking it up this morning before the weather turned it to hay................ you dont see too many mx 270s drawing silage at home do u

Naw, we find the Ford 6640 is plenty adequate for an 18ft tandem like that.  :-*

Naw, we find the Ford 6640 is plenty adequate for an 18ft tandem like that.  :-*

:) thats what im teling them, and the land here is as level as a builders level like except for where those pics were taken, but they just dont have big trailers here these ones are the biggest ive seen around, you should see the farts of trailers the rest of the contractors are using like gavin grain etc, its crazy they have 150hp tractors on 12ft trailers???????

well what they do about it really, they sold the machine these guys bought it and painted it in their company colours, case prob dont take it as seriously as jd about their colours but in my opinion no one owns a colour so they should be able to work away

Morning Alan mate so hows it going eh?! I was just looking at pictures of a chopper the same as that on a lads camera here at Reymers. They did the same thing but it has 7000 series gubbins in it so it is well and truelly a highbrid machine. Even the baler, a New Holland - went in for panel swap to Case panels so it matched the rest of the fleet!!! I should be on the peat as of Monday  :)

you guys sure know how to pick strange contractors  ;D never seen anything like that before. I was at ohakune for work this week and i saw the most impressive silage setup...

a ford 4600 on an old gallagher chopper, with a ford 3000 towing tiny bins ( he was carting to the stack with one while the other was hooked behind the gallagher). And on the stack was a ford 5600 with rollmaster cab and front end loader. He was doing a fair acerage too!!

Morning Alan mate so hows it going eh?! I was just looking at pictures of a chopper the same as that on a lads camera here at Reymers. They did the same thing but it has 7000 series gubbins in it so it is well and truelly a highbrid machine. Even the baler, a New Holland - went in for panel swap to Case panels so it matched the rest of the fleet!!! I should be on the peat as of Monday  :)

hey tris ask andrew reymer about johathan and darren mirres, see what he says  ;) ;) ;) by any chance was his chopper acting up recently  ;D ;D. the guys here have done the same with their nh round baler  ::)

when did you arrive ove ranyway? how was the flight? long isnt it  :P

you guys know how to pick strange contractors  ;D never seen anything like that before. I was at ohakune for work this week and i saw the most impressive silage setup...

a ford 4600 on an old gallagher chopper, with a ford 3000 towing tiny bins ( he was carting to the stack with one while the other was hooked behind the gallagher). And on the stack was a ford 5600 with rollmaster cab and front end loader. He was doing a fair acerage too!!

ya i know how to pick strange women too funnily enough  :-\ id say there is something wrong with me.

that must have made some site, i never even heard of a gallagher in my life before a couple weeks ago when we went to a wrecked one in a field to cut a ram off it. apparently it was big kit around here back in the late 90's  ;D  ;D

hey tris ask andrew reymer about johathan and darren mirres, see what he says   ;) ;) ;) by any chance was his chopper acting up recently  ;D ;D. the guys here have done the same with their nh round baler  ::)

when did you arrive ove ranyway? how was the flight? long isnt it  :P

He keeps mentioning a Johnathon so I will see if it is the same person you are referring to. The flight was ok to be honest because we changed planes in Dubai and then stopped in Singapore and Brisbane before Auckland. . . still a bit knackered all the same though!!  :-\

that must have made some site, i never even heard of a gallagher in my life before a couple weeks ago when we went to a wrecked one in a field to cut a ram off it. apparently it was big kit around here back in the late 90's  ;D  ;D

mate you have yet to experience some of the wicked kiwi built machinery  :D Gallagher stuff was made locally here in hamilton. Their flail choppers were the workhorse of the kiwi ag industry!! Not sure how much ag machinery they make nowdays.

Interested to see this peat harvesting... you'll have to post pics

• 2 weeks later...