I decided to change the wheels around on my 8330 as all the ones in my vicinity have the same set up as the picture below from GJ Peck.

Too achieve that appearance Ive done the following.  Resprayed the Wheels JCB yellow. Changed the overly large rear tyres to 710s taken from a UH Fendt 724. And then cut off the tops of Siku JD oil drums, filed a little to fit.  Sprayed and glued on hubs.  Gave it dealer stickers and a 20 Reg.

D00044473304.JPG

Hmm that's true.  As JDs are everywhere I'm not overly keen, but really like the 7R but I wasnt keen on Wikings wheels on their model.  I dont know why, but it seems like they get their research people to find the most obscure type of wheel for their models, rather than the bog standard types.

4 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Hmm that's true.  As JDs are everywhere I'm not overly keen, but really like the 7R but I wasnt keen on Wikings wheels on their model.  I dont know why, but it seems like they get their research people to find the most obscure type of wheel for their models, rather than the bog standard types.

I guess it all depends on where you live though,But I was surpried to see both Britain's and Wiking appear to have used the same machine for their measurement's,??, An 8330 for sale here in the UK,

Regards

Joe.

JCB W 1.jpg

JCB W 2.jpg

JCB W 5.jpg

JCB W 3.jpg

JCB 8330 Wiking.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 9:55 PM, catkom3 said:

I guess it all depends on where you live though,But I was surpried to see both Britain's and Wiking appear to have used the same machine for their measurement's,??, An 8330 for sale here in the UK,

Regards

Joe.

JCB W 1.jpg

JCB W 2.jpg

JCB W 5.jpg

JCB W 3.jpg

JCB 8330 Wiking.jpg

customer dependent i suppose,the area sales manager of pecks jcb depot says their 8330's mainly go out on 900/50 R42,and that is what the wiking and jcb are modelled on,but a few from Pecks jcb go out on 710/70 R38

On 9/27/2020 at 10:12 PM, CX820Joe said:

I can see what you mean with the Fastrac, I think the 7r and the Claas Commandor combine were more what I had in mind.

I think the rear wheels on the new 1455XL are overly huge too.

The 1455 is a mater of taste, I've seen some humongous wheels on 1455s before, I think wiking were looking at one from what a lot of them have ended up looking like rather than schuco going off an original style.

Archived