Bluegreen/ Phil Phoenix pics 2021

phil phoenix

Actually like many of the best things in life its an acquired taste😎.................The black warrior looks superb from the front with its xenon lights on and a big set of boots.

The Deutz isnt a pretty tractor like a Valtra T , its a very clever technically designed exterior with lots of clever touches and angles and lighting, German quality at its best.

Edgley Farms at Chatteris just bought their second 7250 from Collings Bro at the same time as the one I photographed.

May be an image of 3 people and outdoors

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

After the recent visit from the tri axle Garrant tanker we had another slurry gang in the village soon after, equipped with two Fendt 828s, a nurse tank, hose and several nice artics🙂

The driver of the 828 told me he worked for a contractor who had 7 big Fendts. He also rated the hose system as more productive than the tanker system that the client (pretoria energy) runs, especially as pretoria have already rolled one of their two units which sits knackered in the yard ...ouch!!  And apparently they managed to overturn 56 trailers during last years maize harvest, a new record😎

IMG_6661.JPG

IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_6663.JPG

IMG_6666.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some more pics.  Glover Agri Contractors  at work with their new Magnum 340 and one of their two new Puma 240s.  As can be seen all of them have smart black rims which suit the CASE tractor range very nicely. The tractors all were delivered last autumn, but unfortunately the Magnum has been nothing but trouble😒, the farm manager told me that the contractor was fed up with it and is looking to change makes which is a great shame. But maybe thats why farmers just seem to buy green tractors above 300 h.p, they're more reliable.

IMG_6726.JPG

IMG_6730.JPG

IMG_6754.JPG

IMG_6756.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I finally caught up with G.Shropshires new Challenger tractor last month. Having previously ran a 765C, then 775E and lastly 845E models I expected it would be a Fendt 1100 series. And sure enough it was, but surprisingly they went from the smallest 800 series model to the largest 1100 series, the MT1167 Leviathon😎. I subsequently found it was Thurlow Nunn's ex demo machine and it was less money to buy than a brand new 1152 entry level model.

Check out that exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_6738.JPG

IMG_6739.JPG

IMG_6741.JPG

IMG_6742.JPG

• Like 3

On 5/25/2022 at 5:10 PM, phil phoenix said:

Some more pics.  Glover Agri Contractors  at work with their new Magnum 340 and one of their two new Puma 240s.  As can be seen all of them have smart black rims which suit the CASE tractor range very nicely. The tractors all were delivered last autumn, but unfortunately the Magnum has been nothing but trouble😒, the farm manager told me that the contractor was fed up with it and is looking to change makes which is a great shame. But maybe thats why farmers just seem to buy green tractors above 300 h.p, they're more reliable.

IMG_6726.JPG

IMG_6730.JPG

IMG_6754.JPG

IMG_6756.JPG

Not all green ones are reliable ,these 2 was traded in as been nothing but trouble  

20220314_143531.jpg

20220314_143546.jpg

Yes, they all do go wrong Smithy, however its disapointing for that Magnum going wrong so quickly as there aren't any others around here!  All the Rowtracs got replaced by the JD 8RX plague sweeping the country🙄

CASE Magnums used to be held in high regard, but not anymore, all I hear is that they and their blue stablemate's are unreliable compared to the green machines of Fendt, Deere and Claas TT's.  And I have to say there are quite a few Massey 8700's around here now as well which took a long while to get going after very sluggish 8600 sales.

I got a ride around the field on this MF 8732 with its 8000 litre Horsch trailed sprayer working for Pretoria Energy and covering 16000 acres this year😎................The driver loves it, very smooth Fendt gearbox and excellent suspension as well. This one has been very reliable so far although that cant be said for  some other 8700's on their fleet which are regularly abused by inexperienced foreign workers sadly.

Best looking Massey since the 3600's in my book.

IMG_6767.JPG

IMG_6778.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG

IMG_6763.JPG

• Like 3

My visit to Cereal's 2022.  Although I thoroughly enjoyed the three hours spent at the show, I was disapointed by the lack of working machines on the cultivations plot and the total absence of any cut 1 32 models on the likes of Amazone, Horsch, Kuhn and Lemken stands! On my last visit in 2018  I got some real bargains from Horsch & Kuhn I remember.  On the plus side the sprayer arena was excellent with beautiful flowers adorning the perimeter and enhancing my photo's😁  and some very smart machines on display too. Also its good to see more female's attending this event, some were very appealing😉, some less so😄

IMG_6784.JPG

IMG_6796.JPG

IMG_6806.JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

IMG_6811.JPG

IMG_6812.JPG

IMG_6823.JPG

IMG_6829.JPG

IMG_6838.JPG

IMG_6842.JPG